We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riverside...
I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

My plane is leaving from Tijuana(TIJ), and landing in Guadalajara(GDL) in mid June. Then I will have to ride bus from GDL to Puerto Vallarta(PV), or Nuevo Vallarta(NV). At the moment, I am looking for hotels down in PV, and NV. I am only going to stay for 3 days, 2 nights. Now, to the point, since I am from the Inland Empire:

1. How can I book a hotel from all the way up here?

2. Can I find a mexican travel agency here where I reside, and book with them?

3. Do I just wait till I get down there to book it?

4. Are there any specific hotel packages that include bus fare from and to GDL?

Thank you.

SoCal
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 2
11. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

I must say I'm a bit perplexed with your travel route. Is your itinerary really that much less expensive than getting to LAX (via bus or a friend driving you) where you could be booked a direct flight?

IMO you are taking a pretty long journey for a 2 night visit.

Riverside...
12. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Mucho gusto Eduardo, the reason I'm lading in GDL is because I bought airfare tickets using Volaris(http://www.volaris.mx/en/) when they had a good sale(70% off flights to GDL), and I could not pass on it, then I thought I should visit PV, and have a fun time. So here I am now looking for somewhere to stay out in PV. Thank you for your response.

Calgary, Canada
13. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

70% off...okay yes, I could see that being a draw. Especially in light of today's airfares.

Another inexpensive option for accommodation for a couple of nights - it's not a hotel but since you mentioned you have a bit of a budget I thought I'd mention the Vallarta Sun Hostel. Yes, it's a hostel - but it's a VERY nice one. And they have a private room you can reserve with your own bathroom and television. Block from the beach, a kitchen, entertainment (table tennis, large screen tv), and very good rates.

I pulled up a couple of random nights on their page to see availability, and their Deluxe double bed private room with ensuite is 275 pesos/night (under $50USD for 2 nights stay). Like I said - it's an option and this is an award winning hostel. In June the hotel it's attached to is closed, so they may also allow pool access next door (ask management). They also have air conditioning...a luxury in a hostel. (-:

www.vallartasunhostel.com/web/index.html

Edited: 5:37 pm, May 17, 2013
Calgary, Canada
14. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

BTW, I only mention the hostel so you'll have more of your budget for other things in PV - food, drink, maybe a tour or exploring, water taxis, etc. If your preference is still a hotel the budget listings on the vallartainfo site are very good.

Riverside...
15. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Thank you very much. I will look the hostel up. It is a pretty good option considering it falls within my budget, yet it's accommodating.

Riverside...
16. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

I cannot decide which hostel to pick, is either Oasis Hostel or Vallarta Sun Hostel? What do you guys think?

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 53
17. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Vallarta Sun is tops, try it first. I don't know anything about Oasis....which doesn't mean anything either way, but I do know Vallarta Sun has a great reputation.

Seattle
reviews: 12
18. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Vallarta Sun has a better (closer to the beach, more central, more convenient) location than Oasis which is a ways back in the neighborhood.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
19. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Oasis has another hostel location downtown.

Seattle
reviews: 12
20. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Sorry JR, yes I know that. I should have asked which one before commenting. Tegardless I think Vallarta Sun has a better location that *either* of the Oasis locations. The one downtown is on a very busy street.