We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Riverside...
I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

My plane is leaving from Tijuana(TIJ), and landing in Guadalajara(GDL) in mid June. Then I will have to ride bus from GDL to Puerto Vallarta(PV), or Nuevo Vallarta(NV). At the moment, I am looking for hotels down in PV, and NV. I am only going to stay for 3 days, 2 nights. Now, to the point, since I am from the Inland Empire:

1. How can I book a hotel from all the way up here?

2. Can I find a mexican travel agency here where I reside, and book with them?

3. Do I just wait till I get down there to book it?

4. Are there any specific hotel packages that include bus fare from and to GDL?

Thank you.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
1. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

There are no packages that include the bus. Suggest you just go straight into town - Puerto Vallarta (your bus will pass Nuevo Vallarta on the way to the bus station but won't stop there) and just walk into a hotel, like Playa Los Arcos on Los Muertos Beach, it's low season and there should be plenty of room, but they are also on-line.

Riverside...
2. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Which way will it be cheaper(This way I have some spare cash to spend)? Option 1 or 2?

1. Should I not worry about hotel nor bus till I arrive to GDL?

2. Should I purchase bus pass online?

Is it cheaper to buy everything online? Or on the spot? Thank you for your reply :)

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
3. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

I'm not aware of any 'Bus Pass' here in Mexico. The fare from Guadalajara on the most luxurious bus, like ETN is about US$40. No difference on site or on-line.

You can reserve a hotel on0line if you wish.

Riverside...
4. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Is the fare from ETN $40 RT? I assume there are cheaper options once I am there at the bus central.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
5. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

No! about 400 pesos one way, there are a few cheaper options.

Los Angeles...
reviews: 26
6. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

I'm here right now until the end of June. This is off season and fairly easy to find a hotel on the beach for next to nothing. It depends on how nice of a place you are looking for. I am in the romantic zone down town PV and love where I live because I can walk anywhere. If you want to live local you can get a room for about 300 pesos a night that is $27 US. You will have no problem at all getting a room when you arrive and it gives you a chance to look at the room before deciding. Feel the bed some of the more local hotels have beds like an ironing board. Some times it is more fun to find a nice small place then the big commercial hotels. I stayed at the hotel posada roger my first night here and the bed was hard but cool old Mexico grounds nice people and AC -- cheep you can barter the price too that is how it works down here. :) Have a good trip.

Seattle
reviews: 12
7. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Posada de Roger is an excellent tip, for a hotel with nice amenities (air-con, TV, pool, restaurant) low price, and a couple blocks from the beach. I've stayed there a dozen times with always a good experience. You can call them or book online at their website www.hotelposadaderoger.com or just walk in. As mentioned already, it's low season, everyone will have rooms available. I'm just guessing but you might get a cheaper price standing in person at the front desk paying cash, then booking in advance.

suze

Riverside...
8. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

I am staying for 3 days, 2 nights, also, I am in a $300-$400 budget for the whole trip, excluding airfare. I have not purchased bus fare, nor hotel. I am coming from GDL to PV on THU morning. I don't need a luxurious hotel to stay in, as my wife and I will mostly want to explore, not stay at hotel. Thank you for your reply and help.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
9. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Several 300 pesos for a double, at the cheap and clean hotels on F. Madero, the Aztec is the best known.

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 116
10. Re: I'm going to Puerto/Nuevo Vallarta in mid June.

Re: budget lodging -- here's a link to a good listing of possibles - with info on 'where', 'how much', 'features', contact #'s, and etc.

(( ... courtesy of JRinPV's website -- a great source of Vallarta information - don't miss the street maps, and the 'Insider Tips' - you'll find them very helpful. ))

http://vallartainfo.com/hotels.html#budget

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta