We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itiinerary Suggestions

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Itiinerary Suggestions

First let me know what a great site and forum this is. It was a major help to me in deciding on a puerto vallarta vacation. I was able to access so much information and so a BIG thank you to all who take the time to share your experiences and help others by information sharing. This is my first trip to Mexico and our first stay at an AI resort - I will be travelling with my 8-year old daughter and staying at Dreams PV. Do you have any suggestions about activities outside of the resort that a "MUST DO" in PV that an 8 year old would enjoy? She is very adventorous and will try almost anything new without hesitation. Thanks in advance :-)

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 1
1. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

I would really recommend going to the zoo in Mismaloya. It is more rustic than zoos we're use to in the US, but you get to get up close and personal with many of the animal. Buy a bag of food at the gate and you can feed many of the animals as you go along. At the end, if they have any baby tigers, jaguars or lions, you can pay extra and actually hold and play with them. Another suggestion is the Los Veranos zipline tour. I believe she's old enough to do that and you would both enjoy it. It's very, very safe, tons of fun and the guides are great and love to help the kids both big and small.

Twin Bridges...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

If they have the same babies that were there in late March, I'd skip the holding part, my 19 year old grandson had his hands full with the 70 pound baby tiger. The zoo is still a great place to visit and she'll have a chance to feed some amazing characters that reside there.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
3. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

Definitely Los Veranos Canopy Tour, she'll love it.

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 58
4. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

Before you pay to play with the babies ask to see them. It's easy for them to let you look because they are located right next to the entrance now. You'll be able to observe them and decide if it's right for your daughter.

We were there in March too but our experience was different than cpfromcali's. I agree the tigers were bigger...but I wouldn't say they were 70 pounds though....close to 4 months of age for sure. The lion was about 3 months. Either way, usually by 4 months that age is a handful, but I was surprised as all three were bright eyed and alert and yet fairly calm.

The lion was actually affectionate and my son got some unbelieveable full body photos of the lion sitting on his fiance's lap, and enlarged them to 16 by 20 for his photography class. They often have new babies so maybe they will when you're there. But, spending time with them won't make or break her experience, the zoo is still a lifetime experience without that. There are also two monkey's so I think now they allow you to only pay for that part if that's all you want to do. Use insect repellent thoroughly before entering the zoo.

The Malecon will be interesting for your daughter on Sunday nights. Street performers and all sorts of things going on. The statutes are great and some of them can be sat upon and climbed, which is allowed. She will also like the huge sand sculptures.

Where are you staying? It helps in making suggestions.

Edited: 10:21 am, April 30, 2013
Calabasas, CA
reviews: 1
5. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

You can also take the bus in front of the resort to Boca de Tomaltan about a 30 min ride south where you can take a water taxi to some of the beautiful tropical beaches including Yelapa. She will enjoy the boat ride and spending the day at one of the beaches that offer great swimming conditions.

Seattle
reviews: 14
6. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

Come into town for the Saturday morning Farmers Market(s). Have breakfast at Coco's Kitchen. Then head to Paradise Community Center across the street for one market (food, bakery, crafts, etc.) and onto B. Badillo for another market, same day/time different vendors.

Houston, Texas
7. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

These are great suggestions - Thank you so much. I'll definitely look into all of them. The water taxi , Zipline and zoo sounds like they would be great options for us. KansasPVgal, we are staying at Dreams Puerto Vallarta.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 6
8. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

She may also enjoy the Marigalante Pirate Ship day time tour.

9. Re: Itiinerary Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 02, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta