We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fiesta Americana

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Milwaukee, WI
reviews: 4
Fiesta Americana

We are staying at the Fiesta in early March and are wondering what are the best rooms to request. I always ask for an upper floor and I believe all the rooms are ocean view but I am wondering if any part of the hotel has better views or is really loud at night. We booked through Funjet and they only offer one rooom category. Does anyone know if upgrades are available and if they are worth the extra cash? I also heard that Fiesta now offers an AI option. Has anyone picked it up at the hotel? How much? Most likely will stay on the EP plan as we plan on eating out most evenings. But if the AI option is reasonable it may be worth it for breakfast, lunch, and drinks by the pool.

Winnipeg Canada
1. Re: Fiesta Americana

Well, I'll start this, even though it was 5 years ago that we were there, the view should still be the same :-). I would say the view is wonderful anywhere on any of the top floors. Actually it's probably pretty good on the lower floors as well. We stayed on the top floor which was great. At that time Sunquest (Canada) had a $99 USDpp/pw dining option. I've forgotten what it was supposed to be because when we checked in they told us they didn't offer that package (we were to pay locally). They did offer us an alternate one which we thought was better for us anyway. It included all buffet breakfasts, 3 lunches or dinners per week and 2 for 1 on all beverages. I don't remember there ever being much noise. Pretty low-key entertainment as I recall.

I know this is out-of-date. Maybe someone with more current experience will jump in.

BTW we really liked the Fiesta. Great beach, great location (if you want the hotel zone). Large and very good buffet at breakfast and the meals we had there were pretty good also.

Milwaukee, WI
reviews: 4
2. Re: Fiesta Americana

Thanks for the info, we are looking forward to our trip!

Ottawa, ON
reviews: 21
3. Re: Fiesta Americana

We're staying at the Fiesta March 4 - 10th, and have booked AI through our travel agent. We toured the property on our last vacation in PV, and it looked so beautiful, we decided to choose it this time. You can always ask at the front desk if room upgrades are available...We also plan to have some meals off the resort, but the AI was reasonable (from our experience), and we find it more relaxing - not having to plan where to go for every meal. Hope you have a wonderful time...

St. Helena...
reviews: 5
4. Re: Fiesta Americana

I was told not to have the very top floor because the pigeons poop on your balcony. Otherwise, any floor above 4th offers a better view than below. Have fun. We leave on Wednesday to stay there for the 1st time.

London,Ont
reviews: 7
5. Re: Fiesta Americana

Just returned last night from Puerto vallarta...spent a week at the Fiesta Americana......

I did alot of research before i booked this trip and was glad in the long run i stayed at the F/A...!!

I did the all-inclusive plan and found it good value for the money and still went into town for dinner three nights.The staff were extremely friendly,food was great,large pool and beach area with different bars spread through-out and my room as well as all the common areas of this property were SPOTLESS...!!!!! Staying here also puts you half way between downtown(4 peso cab)and the marina district with a bank and small shopping center across the road.The excellent security guards keep the pedlars far away and i was not once every approached by a time share salesperson..!!

On the down side....slow check in/out,only three english t.v channels(for late night watching)and there is absolutely no night life at the F/Americana..!!!!! There was a band 2 out of seven nights that played at the lobby bar for a couple of hours.

Overall....i would rate this property a 9 out of 10 and would stay there again..!!

Scott.