We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic
reviews: 170
Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

Copy of letter from Casa Velas regarding adults only status...Yeah, Yippee, Hooray,,,,excited beyond belief...

Casa Velas going back to ADULTS ONLY RESORT!!!!!!!!!! Hurry book your stay...I am there in July...yahoo!!

"Dear members,

Greetings, we hope this letter finds you well.

We would like to inform you that the Board of Directors has decided to maintain Casa Velas a hotel

exclusively for adults. We would like to sincerely thank you for all the observations provided in regards

to the implementation to convert it into a family hotel.

Such transition was made having the main objective of increasing occupancy, in order to be able to

maintain the hotel operating at optimum levels; however, we carefully listened to every suggestion

made, and which were key factor in the decision to return to the original concept that has always defined

us, and has been the preference of our guests throughout all these years.

We continuously strive in order to provide the service you deserve; any comment that can help us better

our service to you in any manner is always welcomed.

We invite you to continue making reservations for our hotel, which maintains its romantic and peaceful

ambiance, as well as to invite your close relatives to vacation with us. It is a pleasure having you here.

With nothing further to announce, I now thank you for your time and loyalty towards Casa Velas.

Sincerely,

Ing. Juan Vela

Vice president"

Best news I got all day/ week even..:)

Calgary, Canada
1. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

That is very good news, I agree.

Martinez, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 103
2. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

Never having been to Casa Velas (I'm just a "walk by") and probably never going there, I do find this very interesting and encouraging because --- SHOCK --- it says somebody is listening to their customers and accepting feedback. Fairly rare these days -- anywhere. For that, they certainly deserve people's business.

Thanks for sharing. Since occupancy was an issue, I hope reinforcing their original mission will be positive. I'm very impressed.

Chicago, Illinois
reviews: 6
3. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

I agree on the listening part. That in itself would encourage new business. Wouldn't anyone want to go where their concerns are actually noted...and in this case, addressed. Good for Velas.

Edited: 9:46 am, April 06, 2013
Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 57
4. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

That´s great for Casa Velas fans!

I also think it was a stupid idea in the first place. Ritzy hotels that welcome families (like the Four Seasons) also have an adult only pool (it´s better for the kids as well as the adults). Casa Velas is too small to have two pool areas. A family with kids with giant blow-up dolphins in the Casa Velas pool would totally take it over. Nobody is going to pay Casa Velas prices only to have to use Velas Vallarta facilities. I think somebody finally realized that. Duh.

5. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:34 pm, April 06, 2013
Edited: 6:34 pm, April 06, 2013
Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
6. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

SHOCK --- it says somebody is listening to their customers and accepting feedback. Fairly rare these days -- anywhere. For that, they certainly deserve people's business. PER MARLY

And so you see why I love it there...they truly care, listen, and no doubt have my respect, business and loyalty...now you all might understand why I love the Velas resorts...they are different, they do listen ...

I sure hope their occupancy issues will increase, let's face it times are tough everywhere so resorts try what they have to to increase business but in this case they listened..and not in Mexican time ( a joke) but quickly ...

Anaheim Hills, CA
reviews: 14
7. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

Ok! I think that it might just be my destination next May!!! Really wanted to try it this year but couldn't see paying that much money and having kids running around. When you pay that much I think it should be private, romantic, and peaceful. Thanks for the update Bezerk!!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
8. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

You are welcome Cancunkitty...you will love it there...I know I do...truly a great vacation place...

9. Re: Awesome news hot of the press from Casa Velas in PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, April 09, 2014