We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 82
Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

I wish Trip Advisor would not have added all these popups. This is a 1990s trick.

"Funman"

Madison, Wisconsin
31. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

The popups are getting worse. My computer is jumping pages when I go on Trip Advisor tonight. I am afraid I am going to have to delete trip advisor pretty soon if this keeps up. It works great on everything except TA. Now I have to clean my computer and tweek all the adjustments to keep it from crashing. I wish TA would try to help. I sent them a message with no response.

"Funman"

Indianapolis...
reviews: 41
32. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

I use Chrome and I do not see any popups at all. In the settings there is one setting: "Do not allow any site to show pop-ups (recommended)" to turn on. You don't need to install anything else.

Firefox is bloatware with memory leaks much as IE was a few years ago. However, lots of people like it. It is not for me..

Chrome is where it's at. I can keep 20 tabs open at a time with no performance problems. Can't say that for IE or Firefox.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 136
33. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

My husband has a pc and switched to Chrome about a year ago. He had so many issues with the other ones he used. His friends recommended it. Loves it. No problems with anything. Smooth sailing.....runs his business on it. I have a MAC and use Firefox (on my computer) and Safari on my iPad. It works just as smooth for me. No pop ups and I can keep lots of tabs open at once.

Edited: 9:42 am, April 05, 2013
RI
reviews: 22
34. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

I use Foxfire exclusively now.

Never a problemo.

Michael

Madison, Wisconsin
35. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

I had a hard time switching over to Firefox so I am trying chrome. Just got done with my privacy settings. I will let you know how it works.

I had tried chrome a year ago and had a lot of problems with it. I hope they have fixed their problems.

Thanks for the help everybody.

"Funman"

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 128
36. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

"I had tried chrome a year ago and had a lot of problems with it. I hope they have fixed their problems."

Funman .... do a review search of Chrome, and you'll find they have not. And especially so if you value some privacy with your internet browsing, and the like.

We have been running Mac's for the past few years ... and will stay with what Apple provides ...

BC
reviews: 122
37. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

I read this thread, because I was wondering what it was about.

I have never had any pop-ups on tripadvisor. I use Chrome and I've never had any problems with it. The computer techies use it and recommend it. I used Firefox for awhile, but did have issues with it not being compatible with so many things I used, so it was frustrating. IE was just a bad joke...

wisconsin
reviews: 156
38. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

Funman, are you sure you didn't get some cheese in your key board. Or maybe it's just froze up because spring never wants to come to Wisconsin. I'm running IE and using Microsoft Essentials and have no problems with popups. I tried running Chrome, but couldn't do much of anything with it. Part of it was resistance to change. I guess I'm just an old dinosaur. Good luck.

Madison, Wisconsin
39. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

tansandy,,,I got out my Green Bay Packer jearsy and put it on. And you are right, I found some Wisconsin cheese in my keyboard.. I put in on my Johnsonville Brat and washed it down with some Milwaukee beer while watching the Brewers play ball.

No more pop ups.

"Funman"

40. Re: Popups? They are making Trip Advisor Hard to Navigate.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 08, 2014