We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roberto's??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
winnipeg, manitoba
reviews: 28
Roberto's??

Hi,

Still in paradise for a couple moire days. Have been down to the Malecon a few times and have tried to locate Roberto's as we bought some great silver there last year. Is he still in the same spot or as he moved or gone out of buisness? If so, maybe another store to go to? I do not mind paying a fair price but I like to have a recommendation.

On another note, husband went down yesterday, throwing up for 12 hours, hopefully short lived. Very unusual for him. We are in a condo in the Marina, have eaten in many different spots. Maybe just a bug??

RI
reviews: 22
1. Re: Roberto's??

Bought from Roberto for years but was disappointed this year with his prices.

We bought several very nice Sterling pieces at Pisces on the Malecon.

It's close to the MacDonalds at the beginning of the Malecon.

Michael

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
2. Re: Roberto's??

Roberto is in the same place between Parque Lázaro Cárdenas and the beach.

toronto
reviews: 14
3. Re: Roberto's??

He was still there in January!

winnipeg, manitoba
reviews: 28
4. Re: Roberto's??

thanks guys, we plan to head downtown later today in the daylight, will try to find Roberto's again!!

Calgary, Canada
5. Re: Roberto's??

Use the map.

vallartainfo.com/vallarta-southside-map.html

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
6. Re: Roberto's??

He has nice hats as well

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 58
7. Re: Roberto's??

And decent $10 US sunglasses....one of my kids lost a pair, and these worked out fine.

Edited: 11:07 am, April 04, 2013
wi
reviews: 4
8. Re: Roberto's??

I was just at Roberto's two days ago! Used the map at www.vallartainfo.com and it was right where it said it was (thank you!). Except that I was looking for a sign that wasn't there so we walked past it three or four times, lol. I had happened to come across a photo of him in front of his store on trip advisor, that also helped a lot. I bought five pairs of earrings and Roberto showed me the difference between the silver plated and real silver. I think his prices were good, I didn't compare them to anyone else's, but I did ask a few other vendors if it was real silver. They probably thought I was crazy! :) Enjoyed shopping at the flea market and the hanging bridge was fun walking across. Whole area was amazing!

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
9. Re: Roberto's??

I've been on at him about a sign, with no effect, for years, :) Like everything here you need a permit.

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 58
10. Re: Roberto's??

Glad you found Roberto! It's a fact, that he won't lie to you. I send my friends and family to him first, then if they can't find what they want they can look around. However, if Roberto doesn't have what you want he'll find it for you. I've also listened to him explain to my friend that a money clip he was selling wasn't silver all over.

And Roberto isn't greedy either. One of my son's had looked all over our city for a chain, and without knowing anything about my son's searches, Roberto started out by asking half the price of what my son had found at home. My son didn't bargain with him.....he knew it was a good price so he bought it. My husband kind of laughed at our son for not bargaining at all, but my son said he had seen how many hours a day the locals work, so half price what he would pay at home.... was enough of a bargain for him.

If Roberto went out of business, I would miss seeing his smiling face and saying hello daily when we walk past. He'sw a fixture of our vallarta trips :-)

Edited: 2:02 pm, April 08, 2013