We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have a kindle

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta...
Level Contributor
306 posts
have a kindle

a local writer gil givens has a free give away on amazon on his newest hilarious book for free that is available april 6 and 7 to download onto your kindle to read hilariously on the beach

slime and punishment by gil givens

in return he likes to have some reviews

read amazon previews and it is already hilarious

Edited: 8:29 pm, March 24, 2013
Guadalajara
Level Contributor
559 posts
1 review
1. Re: have a kindle

Thanks for the info, Michael.

I have met Gil Givens on several occasions, over the years, in Puerto Vallarta. I haven't yet met his wife, Lucy, who runs Lucy's Cucú Cabaña - a shop offering unique folk art items from around Mexico. Gil is a nice guy and writes hilarious stories (as you already said).

A while back, there was a Trip Advisor topic on Gil Givens: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k51382…

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
500 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: have a kindle

It looks like you have to sign up for Amazon Prime to download this for free. Book seems to be getting great reviews though.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
24,255 posts
5 reviews
3. Re: have a kindle

Gil & Lucy have been friends of mine for over 20 years.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
Level Contributor
10,954 posts
132 reviews
4. Re: have a kindle

Went to two of Gil's book signings, including having him sign a copy of "Slime and Punishment" which I bought for Mr. Marly for Christmas this past year. Darn --- my guy has a Kindle and I could have saved some bucks on this one. Oh well. haha.

One of my constant delights in PV is going into Lucy's and chit-chatting with Nancy (who runs the place when Lucy and Gil aren't there) and also the delightful Gil and Lucy. Something I never miss when in town. They are always welcoming hosts during the Southside Shuffle or whenever else they are both there and serving Lucy's margaritas.

Thanks for this tip, even though I bought it in paper. ;=))

Danvers...
Level Contributor
852 posts
53 reviews
5. Re: have a kindle

Free? Duh, I bought it a month ago through Amazon but it went to DH ipad so last week I bought A copy here in there store but have been to busy being out and about to read it yet.

Guadalajara
Level Contributor
559 posts
1 review
6. Re: have a kindle

Maybe Gil can do a Kindle signing after we have downloaded his book. :-)

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
21,829 posts
7. Re: have a kindle

Saxxton - the first post indicates it will be free for download on Amazon on April 6 & 7.

BTW, you can do an Amazon Prime membership trial for free for 30 days too...just remember to cancel it before the 30 days is up if you don't want to be charged fees for it. (-;

Centennial, Colorado
Level Contributor
500 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: have a kindle

Thanks, Jenny, I'll check back then. :-)

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
8,315 posts
258 reviews
9. Re: have a kindle

Just saying Amazon Prime is excellent if you do a lot of shopping thru Amazon.

The kindle book download do before getting to Mexico as you cannot download to a Mexican ISP , so unless you have a VPN or do before coming you will not be able to get it, least that is how I understand it..

Oregon
Level Contributor
1,930 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: have a kindle

I've downloaded books to my Kindle while in Mexico, but I have the 3G version.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta