We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado...
reviews: 19
Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Was in PV in June and one of my favorite things i trully enjoyed doing was the Mexican Fiesta. When i was down there i could not find one. The guys at Vallarta Adventure said they don't do those no more. I remember you would buy tickets and go to whatever hotel was doing it that night. It would be open bar, and buffet and a wonderful show with singing and dancing and the guy would come out and do tricks on his horse. My son is getting out of the Army so im taking him there for the first time and would really like to take him to this. It meant a lot to me and would hope he would enjoy as well. Can anyone help me.

A Proud Father

Branford...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 14
11. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

The Sheraton has a Mexican Fiesta on Thursday nights, and offers a Mexican buffet, open bar with domestic drinks, entertainment, live mariachi band, folkloric ballet and fireworks. They also offer a huge Champagne Brunch on Sundays from 9-2pm, with one of the largest Mariachi groups in the area as well as other entertainment. Both are approx $30US adults / $15US for children.

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 137
12. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Kansas .... sorry for the duplication. Same event. It's held at the Los Arcos Amphitheatre sometimes as well. We always caught it at Parque Lazaro Cardenas.

Beautiful costumes and dance, well-worth attending.

Harrisburg...
reviews: 1
13. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

I have been to the Sheraton's Fiesta. It's a touristy version but still a lot of fun.

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 58
14. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

No problem Johnny, I was just trying to find out if "every 2nd Wednesday" .....means "every other Wednesday".

Maybe I'm the only one who didn't understand, but apparently they mean the same thing according to nimodo in another post....also she posted the facebook page link which shows photos and a video.

I did happen to see the tail end of this in December...

per nimodo .."The other attraction that is working very well is the Viva Puerto Vallarta festival every other Wed. night at Lazaro Cardenas Park. Food booths (15 restaurants participate, from Cafe des Artistes to Andales, cost for items is from 20 to 40 pesos), wine, games, municipal band, Xiutla dancers, etc. More info here on Facebook:"

http://www.facebook.com/VivaPuertoVallarta

Calgary, Canada
15. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

I believe they still offer a traditional fiesta up at Rancho Palma Real out in Las Palmas.

Manitoba, Canada
reviews: 89
16. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Velas in the Marina area has one every Sunday. Opened to the public. Purchase tickets and buffet and alll drinks included.

So Cal
reviews: 8
17. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Michael F,

What hotel are you staying at? They do a Mexican Fiesta at Villa Del Palmar but I believe it is only for guests of the resort.

Congratulations and thanks to your son for his service. I am a proud Navy Grandma, my grandson and I spent two weeks in Vallarta last summer before he left for boot camp. Have a great trip and enjoy your celebration.

Dallas, Texas
18. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

The Sheraton still has a Mexican Fiesta on Thursday evenings at 7 p.m.They have mariachis and a fireworks display at the end. I watched the fireworks from my balcony this evening, very nice!

Harrisburg...
reviews: 1
19. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

The OP's visit was last March (2013).

Manitoba, Canada
reviews: 89
20. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Sheraton Mexican Fiesta is $495.00 peso per person BTW.