We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, Colorado...
reviews: 19
Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Was in PV in June and one of my favorite things i trully enjoyed doing was the Mexican Fiesta. When i was down there i could not find one. The guys at Vallarta Adventure said they don't do those no more. I remember you would buy tickets and go to whatever hotel was doing it that night. It would be open bar, and buffet and a wonderful show with singing and dancing and the guy would come out and do tricks on his horse. My son is getting out of the Army so im taking him there for the first time and would really like to take him to this. It meant a lot to me and would hope he would enjoy as well. Can anyone help me.

A Proud Father

20 replies to this topic
San Francisco...
reviews: 14
1. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

We went to a fiesta about 12 years ago at the La Jolla de Mismaloysa. It was great fun. I think now the closest thing to a Mexican fiesta would be the Sunday Brunch at the Sheraton that features a wonderful buffet, all you can drink champagne and live mariachi music. We make it a point to attend every year. We love it. I'm sure a few in this group will have their opinions about fiesta options. Have fun!

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 56
2. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Thank you to your son and to you for sharing him with the service and his country. Have also done this as a parent, so I know how proud you are and all that goes with the sharing. ;-)

The first two might only be during high season...but not sure about that...

- Every other Wednesday there is a Mexican show at Parque Lázaro Cárdenas. 7-11pm (on the south side)

- Playa Los Arcos Hotel and Spa has shows too and is also on the south side.

playalosarcos.com/the-hotel/nightly-entertai…

- And don't forget the Malecon just for interest on Sunday nights.

Edited: 2:48 pm, February 22, 2013
Great Neck, NY
reviews: 32
3. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Totally ditto what Kansas said!!

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 29
4. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Does the Krystal still have one? That was the first place we ever saw a fiesta, on our first PV trip when we stayed at the Las Palmas, eons ago. It was really good, mariachi bands, all he dances, caballero/horse rope tricks and the whole enchilada.

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 116
5. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Watch out for performances of 'Xiutla' - Mexican folkloric music and dance -- here's a link to an old post of mine. We have seen these wonderful, and so colourful performances often over the years, and several more since that older post was submitted.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k248336…

On a smaller scale, there are Folkloric and Hispanic music and dance shows held at the Playa Los Arcos Hotel on Saturday and Monday evenings (starting at 8pm, each running about an hour). They're colourful, entertaining, and fun to watch.

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 116
6. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Sorry about that ... here's a link that should work.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k248336…

Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 57
7. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

Hi Rissask. With respect to the Krystal, the answer is "not really". Every Saturday night they have a Mexican party with Mexican food and music called a Mexican Fiesta, , but it´s really just a party with Mexican food and danceable music for its weekend guests, many of whom are Mexican families on All Inclusive packages.

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 15
8. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

I don't know if this is helpful, I've only started looking into travelling to PV today, but found this earlier on a website:

visitpuertovallarta.com/to-do/…

I don't think it's the same fiesta, but it does look pretty fun and interesting.

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
9. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

The show at PLA is fun.

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 56
10. Re: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"

My post #2 , then the link from post #8

visitpuertovallarta.com/to-do/…

These are the same event but....

I read somewhere else that the dates are every other wednesday and this link post #8 says every second wednesday.....so it doesn't sound like it... but do they mean the same thing?

Edited: 11:52 pm, February 22, 2013
Reply to: Do They Still Do The "Mexican Fiesta"
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta