We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican ceramics / pottery

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
reviews: 26
Mexican ceramics / pottery

We just returned from our fourth visit to Puerto Vallarta. Each time I have bought dishes, mugs and bowls from the shops on the downtown and the flea market. Making my "to do" list for next year and was wondering if it is made in Puerto Vallarta or nearby? Thanks!

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 70
21. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

So to summarize what we have accumulated here so far:

YES to bring back ceramics etc on carry-on:

Delta

American Airlnes

Sun Country

Frontier

NO cannot bring back ceramics etc on carry-on:

Alaska Airlines

If anyone has any more airlines to add YES or NO to, please add them. Thx

Edited: 6:58 pm, February 18, 2013
Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 48
22. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

I talked to US Airways today and you can have ceramics in your carry- on. Even though Deb was able to bring them back on American in November, I called anyway since that's my airline in a couple weeks.....and it's nice to hear the same thing twice, so yes.... can still have them in carry on.

The other two airlines my kids are flying in March are Frontier and Delta. Got cut off twice with Delta so I won't call since we have recent info.....it takes awhile to get to the right person in these phone systems.

btw, the people I talked to were surprised that Alaska was not allowing them.

Edited: 7:23 pm, February 18, 2013
Winnipeg
reviews: 11
23. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

Flew home on Saturday. One couple had a large platter size plate she was carrying in a bag in addition to her carry on and she was never stopped at security and was allowed to bring it on the plane (Transat) I though for sure she would have to put it in her luggage, but they had no problem at all. I purchased 2 of the same sized platters this year as well, but didn't chance it and put it in my checked luggage. Made it home in one piece!

Columbia, South...
reviews: 22
24. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

We have brought back many large platters and figurines over the years on Delta, American and Continental with no problems at all.

Portland, Oregon
25. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

bcamp0266

When was the last time you used Delta carrying a fragile item back from Mexico in your carry-on? Just trying to get a timeline of sorts. We go end of March. Thx.

Portland, Oregon
26. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

Just called Delta. We leave in 13 days. Answer is still YES that Hernandez ceramics is considered a FRAGILE item so is acceptable by Delta guidelines.

(TSA- could / may have an issue with them, but explain what it is and should be ok)

AND ALSO....... (DO THIS!)

The lady I spoke with suggested to me to allow her to put a statement on my itinerary in their computer stating this fact. So, if there is an issue when I go thru TSA security, I can also have them check my itinerary on their computer where Delta is allowing it.

Yayyyyy

Edited: 12:46 pm, March 10, 2013
Snohomish...
reviews: 18
27. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

speaking of carry on items......

Can one of those metal/tin stars be carried on if packaged well?

Portland, Oregon
28. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

sunseeker

Safest bet is to call the airline you are flying with. (My momma taught me never to end a sentence with..... "with!"). LOL

Campbell River...
29. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

I'm here in PV and have just been admiring the mirrors at Miralo gallery. Thanks for the heads up PVJennybean. I spoke to the artist about this problem on Alaska Air as we are flying with them. He informed me that he has checked at PVR Alaska Air people, Security officals and the airport officials and everyone told him that there isn't a problem no matter what their website states. He was told that a passenger had tried to carry on a Talvera sink and that is when the new rule was included but not applied unless necessary. He was very sincere but of course this is all second hand info. However, I'm purchasing my mirror this week and am packing it in my carry on. When I get home, after the 20th, I will let you all know how it all went.

30. Re: Mexican ceramics / pottery

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, March 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta