We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pv
has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

..to call from canada to mexico and if so at what cost? does it make a difference if u buy it in mexico to get free calls to mex from canada?

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
reviews: 78
1. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think magicjack is sold in Mexico. You can look on their website for rates.

SoCal
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 2
2. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

A few years ago Fox at Cafe Roma had me bring him one from the US, I'm not positive but I think it is what he uses so customers can call home.

Go to Roma and have a cold one or three and I bet he'll tell you how to set it up.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

I have the magic jack plus for a home phone and the cheaper magic jack I take travelling. works great - also have the magic jack app on the iphone and called from Mexico to Canada no problem - only problem is trying to call local Mexican numbers - for that you need to buy a $10 credit for long distance as magic jack free calling is only to Canada or the US

Edmonton
reviews: 14
4. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

I was on the bus and a woman was telling everyone how wonderful it was to use for calls to Canada. She loved it.

I have a friend in Palm Springs though, that hates it and says it's terrible, so maybe works better in Mexico than US. It's pretty cheap, so can't hurt to try.

AR
reviews: 6
5. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

Ok, so can I use a magicjack plus to call the US from my hotel room..or will it only work if I have a condo, apt., and there is a direct phone line?

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
6. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

You need a good internet connection, that's all. The lady in Palm Springs probably had a slow internet connection.

I don't believe calling from Canada to Mexico would be free, but maybe cheaper than the regular phone.

My son can call me from Los Angeles for free because my MagicJack number is a Los Angeles number.

San Francisco...
reviews: 68
7. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

Or use Skype.

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 10
8. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

|We have used MagicJack for a few years here. We have an Alberta phone number and calls to here are free and also to Canada, US or Mexico. I like the MajicJack Plus because it can be plugged into a electrical outlet versus the laptop, which frees up the laptop to be moved about. But for the Plus you will need a physical internet connection not just wireless. If you only have wireless then the regular Magic Jack will work. It has been very good 90% of the time, sometimes the calls are a little crackly but overall well worth it.

Puerto Vallarta
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 24
9. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

I have Magic Jack from the US here in Mexico- it works great and should work anywhere but it is all about the internet connection.

West Orange, New...
reviews: 41
10. Re: has anyone used a majic jack bought in canada to call FROM

My magic jack works great at the Grand Mayan where the wifi is pretty good.... I also use the magic jack App on my iphone when i am in a wifi area. I've used it in europe also with no problems.... if the wifi connection is poor, it wont perform as well.