We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do I pack this?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Centennial, Colorado
reviews: 6
How do I pack this?

I've gotten hooked on drinking protein smoothies in the morning. Basically just a fruit smoothie but I make them with a couple scoops of protein powder and some ground flax seed. Those ingredients come in fairly large containers from the health food store. If I just take what I need packed in baggies or other containers, I'm afraid that if I get the red light at customs they're going to think I'm smuggling in some "illegal substances." What does the collective wisdom think?

mexico
1. Re: How do I pack this?

vallarta has health food stores around

no need to lug those containers

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 56
2. Re: How do I pack this?

I eat different food when I travel. It's part of the experience.

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
3. Re: How do I pack this?

I agree with elcala

Ont.Canada
reviews: 13
4. Re: How do I pack this?

Anything like that should be in it's original container & must have ingredients listed.

But as posted many places down here to buy protien powder & ground flax seed although the one ground flax we found was in a pet store ???

Quebec, Canada
reviews: 11
5. Re: How do I pack this?

Depending on how long you are staying, I agree with Viajero. If it's just for a week I would not bother..........I also have been taken ground flax seeds in smoothies for over 2 years and wanted to take some in my travels but decided it was just too complicated.

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
reviews: 27
6. Re: How do I pack this?

I would not worry at all about putting what you need in a baggie and packing it in your checked bag. They won't bat an eye!

Puerto Vallarta
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 25
7. Re: How do I pack this?

Put it in a baggie- no worries. They can tell protein powder from drugs.

Also flax seed is all over here- Linaza. Often sold by the oatmeal at grocery stores. But look into Chia- way better than flax seed, it does not need to be in the dark, never gets rancid or taste fishy. Has more Omegas, protein and health properties. Chia is an ancient seed grown here- I love it!

Ont.Canada
reviews: 13
8. Re: How do I pack this?

I can assure you if you hit that button & it comes up red, they will search your bag & you will have to prove what everything in little baggies is.

You will be locked in a room until everything has been verified, not a matter of " oh they will just confiscate it & i am on my way! "

If the light is green then no problem,

i picked up at the airport yesterday & there was a guy complaining it took him 2 hours to get through customs, he was wearing a t shirt with a massive leaf front & back

Canada
reviews: 3
9. Re: How do I pack this?

I would take IanP55's advice you never know ..

Edited: 10:01 am, February 08, 2013
Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
10. Re: How do I pack this?

I'm also a Chia Seed fan, mix it into my oats every morning.