We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 53
1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

One of my son's, his wife and their 2 1/2 yr. old will be arriving a day before the condo is ready. We will already be there but our condo won't hold all of us. I am trying to decide where to suggest he make reservations for the one night. Both of these are within a 1/2 block of the condo and us.

PLA - My kids won't need anything fancy or ocean view but they do need a decent bed, and at least A/C to block out Andales....because I'm sure they will be in a Standard, since that's the least expensive. I saw someone in a review say about a standard room...."no air conditioning"....I assume the rooms are all air conditioned and maybe their's didn't work? How bad is the noise? Anything else I should know about a standard?

Hotel Yazmin - the reviews are great considering the low price. I really don't know much else about it other than I always admire their cute courtyard when I walk by. Anybody stayed there to tell me about noise from Nacho Daddy's...I think they don't usually play past 11? Also one review said A/C was extra? Are the beds reasonably comfortable?

Most important - a safe physical environment for my grandson for the few hours they will be there. Do both of these hotels have dead bolts on the room doors.... to keep my grandson from exploring on his own. He's fast!

Victoria, Canada
reviews: 73
1. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

Our first time at PLA we had a standard room and had AC....the beds have always been very comfortable there. The only noise issue I have ever had was the waves crashing at night. I think there were dead bolts....

Calgary, Canada
2. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

How is the grandson on stairs? Lots of them at Yasmin.

Have they considered Los Arcos Suites instead across the street? Even the most basic room there is better IMO than the standards at PLA, and the price seems reasonable for a suite with 3 people that includes A/C, kitchenette, king bed and sofa bed, and a balcony.

Seattle
reviews: 12
3. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

I think Yasmin is overpriced for what you get.

Have you looked at Hotel Posada de Roger. That's my personal favorite. It's just a couple blocks inland on B. Badillo.

suze

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 107
4. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

Most of the rooms at the Yasmin are right next door to Nacho Daddy.

I was going to suggest Casa Dona Susana ... but the rooms on the east side of that hotel also face Nacho Daddy.

We usually stay at Los Arcos Suites ... street side ... and can listen to the music from Nacho Daddy there. But a inside, courtyard facing-room there could be the ticket ... they're numbered 8-10 on each floor. Pool noise, at times during the day, but quiet at other times.

Shawnee, Kansas
5. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

Casa Dona Susana's website says adults only and Los Arcos Suites requires 2 nights minimum, so that's why I didn't consider them.

I think I will suggest Posada de Roger and Playa Los Arcos and he can decide. Yasmin, no if there are lots of steps for son to lug kid and luggage up, and Suze says not worth the money they charge. It's only one night but we won't have a phone in our condo so thought it would be a little easier the closer they are to us.

I do wonder how small the standard rooms are at PLA, because for the price a triple at Posada de Roger would be nice for them with the extra bed for suitcases since they'll be living out of them for a night....after a day of traveling and changing planes with a 2 year old.

So, last question....would the standard at PLA be like a run of the road typical hotel room size?

Edited: 10:44 pm, February 07, 2013
Victoria, Canada
reviews: 73
6. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

Yes it would be...we fit Mr.Qt, our 15year old son and myself with three huge suitcases and it was fine for 4 nights.

We had a huge secure balcony that was bigger then the room room 408.

Loved it until we discovered the master suites there then the condos at Plaza Mar and Vista del Sol.

Shawnee, Kansas
7. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

Ok thanks, that will be just fine. Somehow I pictured tiny dark rooms because so many people talk about calling to get certain rooms. I'll present him with that and PdR.

Thanks everybody!

Dallas, Texas
reviews: 49
8. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

KansasPVgal,

I know you have decided, but just in case anyone else comes across this thread.....YES, a/c is extra at Hotel Yasmin on top of your room charge (which is quite modest to say the least). I think a/c is an extra 50 pesos a day; about $4 bucks with the current exchange rates.

!Se divirtieren!

Shawnee, Kansas
9. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

Thanks Lonestar, I just wondered so I would know total charges as a comparison to the other places.

Seattle
reviews: 12
10. Re: 1 night - Hotel Yazmin or standard at PLA?

I'm not saying Yasmine is an expensive hotel. But they have always charged just a little bit more than Posada de Roger, every time I've checked over the years. And I think Roger's is a much nicer hotel (with a sunny little pool upstairs, rooftop sundeck, lots of plants, seating area on a courtyard patio, etc. AC, fan, TV, all included.

At least some of the 'standard' rooms at PLA are the street-facing ones that people complain are small dark and noisy.

suze