We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon hotel... Villa Premier, Dreams, or Now Amber??

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eugene, Oregon
reviews: 1
Honeymoon hotel... Villa Premier, Dreams, or Now Amber??

My fiance and I are attempting to stay on budget. I have done a TON of research but can't choose one. I have pros and cons on each. Neither of us have been to Puerto Vallarta before. We are interested in seeing the city and want all-inclusive.

Our concerns with villa premier is it's small size and quiet atmosphere. I don't want to feel like we're in a retirement community, even though their reviews are incredible regarding food, service, and romanticism. Plus it's adults only.

Next is Dreams... again, fabulous reviews, but a little concerned with the age of the hotel. I don't know if this is being petty though.

Lastly, Now Amber. This place looks beautiful, but limited reviews due to how new it is. It's also the most expensive (menially)out of my three choices. There's concern with not quite running a type ship yet... maybe it's over rated. We can't quite afford the preferred side, unfortunately. And I don't really want little kids everywhere...

They're all in the same basic price range. I'd love to stay at Secrets, but it's just too expensive. Any thoughts or advise? I'd love to book today.

new york
reviews: 28
11. Re: Honeymoon hotel... Villa Premier, Dreams, or Now Amber??

Stay at Dreams. Great beach and good food, booze and service. And just a really short taxi ride into town.

Eugene, Oregon
12. Re: Honeymoon hotel... Villa Premier, Dreams, or Now Amber??

Thank you all so much for your input!! I just booked our honeymoon to Dreams and absolutely can not wait!!!!!!!!!! In the end I couldn't ignore all of the raving reviews.

Deluxe Oceanfront with Balcony, so we can our breakfast out there. But, maybe we'll upgrade to preferred when it gets closer down the line.

Edmonton
reviews: 14
13. Re: Honeymoon hotel... Villa Premier, Dreams, or Now Amber??

Don't know how long after the wedding you're planning on travelling, but remember that the Dreams has a honeymoon package. I was married in Dec. 2009 in the Mayan, but then it was if you went within 6 months of your wedding,but I think the Dreams policy is 3 months now. If you are within 3 months, you should be able to get a room upgrade (if available, couples massage, bottle of champagne and dinner on the beach). We were at the Dreams Huatulco 4 months after our wedding and qualified and all these things were wonderful. Try to see if you can get this at the Dreams PV if you are within 3 months (new policy as of last year) and hopefully get these few things. We were also able to set up our dinner, (time, menu, date, etc.) before we left.

Good luck and enjoy:)

Eugene, Oregon
14. Re: Honeymoon hotel... Villa Premier, Dreams, or Now Amber??

We're leaving the day after we get married and will definitely be checking into that!!

15. Re: Honeymoon hotel... Villa Premier, Dreams, or Now Amber??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, February 10, 2014