We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Excellent seafood restaurant?

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 248
Excellent seafood restaurant?

What is the best seafood restaurant in PV?

Calabasas, CA
1. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

It's hard to beat the great seafood at Mariscos Polos.

Calgary, Canada
2. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

99% of the restaurants in PV have at least two kinds of seafood on their menus, and there are probably 95% of those restaurants that do seafood very well to extremely well depending on the dishes. "Best" is a subjective question with a wide variety of answers, so is there something specific you're looking for, or just seafood in general?

There's also several hundred threads in the search feature that include seafood dining too. Help us, help you. Generic questions are difficult to answer.

Edited: 7:16 pm, February 06, 2013
Edmonton
reviews: 14
3. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

If you don't mind going to Mismaloya, we ate at Tony's and it was easily the best meal of our trip. I sooooo much enjoyed it. Tony's son served us and they come to the table with a platter of seafood to choose from (their fresh catch of the day included). We ordered the seafood platter for 2 and it was 560 pesos ($47). It had two small lobster tails, mahi mahi, another white fish, coconot shrimp, stuffed shrimp, garlic shrimp and bacon wrapped scallops on a platter. Then we each got a plate with mashed potatoes, beans, a kind of coleslaw, I think that was it. Of course they had the nachos and salsa and they have free mexican coffee at the end. By far the best meal. It is in a little mexican restaurant in Mismaloya (mountain side of the highway, not the ocean) and it was wonderful.

Calgary
reviews: 2
4. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

It seems to me that "inthegarden" Winnipeg" has nothing else to do except post questions wherever he finds a board!

Not sure if he/she goes anywhere or is looking to write a book!

Check his postings!

Alberta
reviews: 16
5. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

That's great. Heading to PV on 26 Feb so probably take a bus to Mismaloya and try this place. Makes a change to try a new town.

Edmonton
6. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

Those are just the names of the forum posts he posted on, not his/her questions. If he/she has traveled alot, then it would make sense that they would post on multiple forums.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
7. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

But maried11

has never eaten at Polo's

Edmonton
8. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

No I haven't, because Tony's was where I was recommended to go for the best seafood from people on this forum, so we went and were thrilled and the price was amazing. Next time, we may check out Mariso Polo's if the price is comparable.

Mexico City, Mexico
reviews: 5
9. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

Hi ALL,

when you are in PVR dare to try shrimps and fish brochettes on the beach food stands that you will find all over, many foreigners do not dare to try them and they are just delicious !! Just look for a satand full of people.

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 53
10. Re: Excellent seafood restaurant?

I don't think any restaurant is the Best in all seafood dishes. In my experience it depends on preparation and what you're hungry for, so here's my list of favorite dishes around PV....so far. :-)

Mariscos Polo - Several Shrimp dishes with sauces are a specialty, Selene or Selena ? with an Anis sauce, Garlic Shrimp, and Bacon Wrapped Stuffed Shrimp with Tequila Sauce. Hearty fish dinners here too but a little too much like a winter dish for me.

La Ronda - Shrimp in Pistachio Sauce

Melissa's - Mahi Mahi Estraviado (chunky seafood sauce) for a hearty fish dinner.

Tacos El Bigote - for grilled fish tacos.

Fusion Gourmet - Tequila shrimp

Blue Shrimp - Arriero Shrimp fantastic but way too expensive

Tony's in Mismaloya - for grilled seafood

Encanto - Coconut Shrimp with Mango Sauce, Pesto Linguini with Shrimp is true comfort food!, Seafood Chile Relleno

Joe Jack's - best Mahi Mahi Snapper with a sauce....has lots of roasted whole garlic on top and sitting on a bed of Red Fonda Rice and beans in some kind of sauce....a little spicy..so good. The Nicoise Salad with Shrimp, and the Shrimp Tostadas.

El Colera - Aguachile, Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is served with a Chipotle sauce

Langosta Loca - Whole Grilled Red Snapper Achiote, but several restaurants are good with Whole Red Snapper.