We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Vallarta...
I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

I made a thread about ATV tours a few days ago and somebody sent me a link to a site that had discounts. I havn't bought ATV tour yet, waiting for friends to arrive in PV, but i did buy the one for Las Palomas .

coupolandia.com/deals/…

Thank you who ever linked this site the Fish was delicious .

Edwardsville...
reviews: 58
1. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

Thanks for the tip on the Las Palomas discount. I wish it wasn't only for the sea bass, because I really like their shrimp items. But maybe we'll give it a try.

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 2
2. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

I was the one that posted the link to that deal for you. I'm glad you enjoyed the fish.

In case anybody missed it here it is again.

www.coupolandia.com

and another one called www.coupocity.com

Edwardsville...
reviews: 58
3. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

Matt, you mean http://cupocity.com/ I think.

Qrock, the only problem with the offer you posted is that you can only use one per couple. I was going to buy it, but now I'll think about it for a while. Las Palomas is a great restaurant though.

I wish the PV coupon companies and restaurants wouldn't tie you to a specific menu item. We use groupon and restaurant.com a lot at home, and they are just discounts off anything you want.

Puerto Vallarta...
4. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

My wife and I eat out often and pay 100% The coupo thing gave us a nice taste of something I normally don't order and my wife loved the shrimp. I don't think every deal will be the same. The ATV I can book more than one I hope.

Puerto Vallarta
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 27
5. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

The fish is amazing- only 145 Pesos. I had it a few ago and would pay full price again. I loved the meal the sweet potatoes and the beans with candied pecans was fabulous. (The menu said almonds but they were pecans.)

Anyway- a great deal- one can have fish and one can buy the shrimp :)

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 2
6. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

bzy, I agree totally with your post except that it costs $165 pesos now and they definitely used almonds when I was there last week. The Guacamole was $65 and the total would have been $230, but I only paid $90 for the coupon.

WeTravel, I have used Groupon before too and every deal i have bought has been 1 coupon per table. When I pay $10 to get $20 worth of food, but it's one per table, I always end up spending extra money which is exactly the way these promotions are designed. I'm not sure what you are complaining about when it's one per couple when you use Groupon and it's one per table.

I don't mind the 1 per couple offers as that is normally the way my wife and I use the coupons anyways. I'll normally have the fish or the steak and she will order some type of salad off the menu. She always take bites of my fish and steak too anyways. Works out great for us.

Puerto Vallarta
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 27
7. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

I was there the week they opened or so , I am sure there were changes made, and price increases. :(

Ont.Canada
reviews: 18
8. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

wetravel, if you just want discounts on any menu items in PV then there is a deck of cards you can purchase, 52 cards each worth 100p off your bill, no matter what you buy. the complete deck costs 300p & i know you can buy them at many locations but the only one i know by name is Joe jack fish Shack.

i am hoping Brenda/JR or someone will come back with the name of the deck of cards, as my mind has drawn a blank.

Good value after 3 cards everything is bonus.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 110
9. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

Glad to hear they opened so soon. After walking by the middle of December and seeing the "to be opened soon"situation (the place was completely empty), you kinda wonder if they'll make it before high season is over. After we had that long thread about Las Palomas' new location last month, this is very good news.

Matt ---- really good explanation on the best way to use the coupons for eats. We've used almost a dozen Cupocity restaurant coupons on both our trips last year, and they had the same rule --- one per table (and then if there are two of us, we always "enhance" our meal with extra drinks, dishes, appetizers, etc.

There was only one exception to this. Last Spring a new place in Bucerias (Lazaro) actually had a coupon for two beers and two burgers and fries so that one obviously was meant for a couple. Haven't seen that at any other Vallarta restaurant though. Obviously, the whole point is to get you in and they usually are very specific about one certain dish (and a lot of the coupons will "bundle" a specific dish, an appetizer, a drink and a dessert) ---- so if you don't like that dish, it doesn't always work so well.

Can't wait to get to the new location of Las Palomas and glad to hear the food is as good as always. How about the decor (?) ---- does it look like the old place on the Malecón was transplanted to the Nima Bay Building? ;=))

PS to add to what above poster said: I can't remember the name either but we used one of the cards last month. There was a "caveat" that you had to spend a certain amount (fairly high for that one) to get the discount but that probably wouldn't make for too big a problems for most PV eaters.

Edited: 12:39 pm, January 29, 2013
wa state
reviews: 3
10. Re: I found a 60% off deal at Las Palomas in the marina

Just looked at cupocoty.com great deal at Villa Del Palmar 6 days 5 nights $299 includes A I, not per person but per room, the catch --- you have to attend their timeshare pitch. ok for some not soo good for others.