We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Night in Town - where to stay?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 6
One Night in Town - where to stay?

Hello lovely travelers,

Hubby and I are staying 4 nights at Majahuitas in April and took an extra night at the end of our trip to explore town a little since this will be our first trip to PV.

After 4 nights at an Eco resort with no power would like to stay at a 4 star hotel if possible, but also want to be a 10-15 min walk to town so we can easily do some shopping and check out a restaurant or two.

Can anyone vouch that Sheraton Buganvillas is a good choice, or recommend any other hotels?

Not to concerned about cost, we booked this trip on a Groupon and frequent flyer miles so for one night we can splurge....

Thanks all!

SoCal
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 2
1. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

Villa Premiere fits your wants and is closer to downtown than the Sheraton.

Map

http://vallartainfo.com/n_downtown.html

You might also want to consider a boutique hotel like Casa Isabel, you don't mention if you have kids, CI is adults only.

http://www.casaisabelpv.com/

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 112
2. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

Hello lovely Marie ---- Majahuitas on a Groupon? Hmmm. How intriguing. I've only done day trips there, but I see what you mean.

You will need to be in the middle of things, for just one night. The Sheraton is fine but I wouldn't really call it a 4-star. Seemed more like a 3-plus. Doesn't seem to fit what you are describing, unless it's done a major upgrade since I stayed there. Also, it's a bit north from activities and exploring town --- it would also not be convenient to get back there during the day if you wanted to get out in the morning and then go back out later.

What day of the week would be this one night? If you want to be in the middle of things (you don't have time to be out of town), I'd recommend Casa Isabel, Playa Los Arcos, Villa Premiere or a range of other B&B type options within walking distance.

Someplace where you don't have to spend your time in transit? Did you want a romantic place? Did you want a place where you can hit the ground running and be at your choice of a dozen different restaurants in a short walk? How long will your one day be and what type of shopping would you like to do? --- crafts, clothes, etc?

Have fun, but do try to stay closer than the Sheraton if possible being that it's just one night.

PS to edit: Funny. Teduardo and I were writing at the same time and said something very similar. Hope that helps, hearing it twice.

Edited: 6:04 pm, January 21, 2013
SoCal
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 2
3. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

Now that I think about it I'm pretty sure Villa Premiere is adults only also.

Concord, California
Destination Expert
for Sacramento, Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 112
4. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

Yes it is. Didn't the OP say it was just her and hubby?

I'd love to stay at Villa Premiere sometime. The building is my view over the bay (well, the Sheraton is in the distance off to the right also) off my balcony. Walking by so many times, Villa Premiere looks like such a lovely place. Hope that works for Marie.

To me, Casa Isabel may not be the right location, being up that steep hill. VP is easier to walk from - AND - the city of PV has done a very nice job recently, on the sidewalks on the West side of Avenida Mexico. Much nicer and safer to walk there now. Good smoothe curb cuts, rock art in the sidewalks. no hazards and broken sidewalks. Very nice walk south from Villa Premiere, toward Centro and Southside, along that stretch. I was impressed, while walking that stretch several times recently.

Edited: 6:17 pm, January 21, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
5. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

Thanks much for the advice... I'm a little confused if I should want to be in Old Town or "Downtown" but it sounds like Old Town is best for what we are looking for.

We will have plenty of romance at Majahuitas.... Especially after 4 nights by candlelight! We just want to be able to walk to dinner and breakfast and do some shopping, really get a feel for PV as best you can in 24 hours!

Looking at Arcos and Premiere now! So glad I asked!

Seattle
reviews: 14
6. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

Why it's confusing is there IS no such things as "Old Town". Different people call different parts old town, but none of it's really old.

There is El Centro (downtown) and there is the Southside (also dubbed Zona Romantica by the tourist brochures) which is south of the Rio Cuale.

Villa Premiere fits. Quinta Maria Cortez (a boutique hotel right on the beach) might work. Casa Isabel is lovely but WAY up high a top a steep hill. You might enjoy Casa Andrea, it's a B&B down 'on the flat' right near the beach.

suze

Scottsdale, Arizona
7. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

Marly to answer your questions... 24 hours from roughly 3pm Tuesday to Wednesday (6ish pm flight home) ... Looking for exactly what you said.. Lots of restaurants close by and maybe some shopping for crafts and clothing.

Seattle
reviews: 14
8. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

<<Lots of restaurants close by and maybe some shopping for crafts and clothing.>>

Anywhere "southside" fits (south of the Rio Cuale). B. Badillo & Olas Altas (two intersecting street names) in particular are loaded with options.

suze

Iowa City, Iowa
9. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

We stayed at the Villa Premier a few years ago. I think that it is the highest star rating close to downtown. We loved the location .. walked to everything.

But if you are only there for a day am not sure how much time you will be at the hotel. We spent alot of time on the south side so if beach time is not important Los aros suites (havn't stayed there) might be an option.

10. Re: One Night in Town - where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 23, 2014