We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

We are looking at renting a unit at Molino De Aqua. We are big beach walkers and I'm wondering, can we head out of the resort and do a good length of walking on the beach? My other thoughts was a private rental at Velas Vallarta. We are a couple who doesn't generally stay at AI's and I think you can opt out of the AI. We rather like to enjoy all the restaurants in the area. Any ideas you can give me on the beach or the accomodations I'm looking at would be greatly appreciated. Our travel dates are in May.

Calgary, Canada
1. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

Molino de Agua doesn't have AI as it's a private condominium complex, not a resort. You can walk Los Muertos beach south from there, but the complex itself has no beach to speak of directly in front of it. It is walking distance to the most dining options though.

Velas Vallarta offers some private rentals of units within a resort facility, and the beach is decent. Probably not as long of a walk as Los Muertos would be, and there aren't any beachfront bars/restaurants like they have near the MdA. But if you want somewhere that has some resort amenities available this would be the good choice.

Edited: 2:43 pm, January 21, 2013
canada
reviews: 22
2. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

Yes, you can walk miles south of Molino. I've stayed at these condos, they are top notch.

Calgary, Canada
3. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

Oh, forgot to add that if you're considering a private rental at Velas, make sure you know from the individual you would be renting from whether or not you have an opt-out option available on the all inclusive or not. It's available to some of the timeshare owners as a grandfathered clause, but if it's not available as part of your rental agreement that means you have to take the AI as a mandatory feature and at Velas the AI can be pricey.

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 116
4. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

Yes, but only in one direction at Molino de Agua, to the south, along Playa Los Muertos. There is very little to no walkable beach to the immediate north of this resort -- there's the mouth of a river (Rio Cuale), and then a rocky shoreline all the way to downtown.

Lots of beach to the south though .. you can walk all the way to the south end of Los Muertos, and if you desire to do so, up and over a 'bump', and on to the small cove beaches of Conchas Chinas.

Enjoy!!

Edited: 2:50 pm, January 21, 2013
Seattle
reviews: 12
5. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

There's no beach to speak of at Molino de Agua. You'd want to walk south to Los Muertos.

6. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

Thank you, thank you. You are all so amazing with your quick responses. Helped me a ton.

New Cumberland
reviews: 17
7. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

We will disagree, only slightly. There is a small strip of beach right in front of Molino de Aqua where we have spent significant time relaxing in our own beach chairs (there are no rentals available at this part of the beach). This small beach section is fine for sunning...but is not safe for swimming (one has to walk a few minutes south to get to the part of Los Muertos that is safe for swimming (and patrolled by life guards). Personally, we like the small part of the beach opposite Molino because many of the beach vendors do not bother to walk all that way. Accordingly, we only have to say "No Gracias" every 10 min rather then once a min at the busier section :)

Oceanside...
8. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

We are staying in MdA #610 now and it is beautiful-too modern for my taste but very nice. The whole unit has AC which is unusual,a nice laundry room, high-end GE SS appliances, 3 flat screens, beautiful bathrooms. There are 5 towers with elevators and only 2 condos on each floor which makes it really quiet. the units ending in 10 are at the eastern end by the southbound bridge. These have a bigger terrace with a view from 3 sides which the other units lack. The location can't be beat. Any questions??

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 116
9. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

"Any questions??"

When we've walked by, we have never seen anyone (except workers) outside in the courtyard. The pools look great -- have you tried them?

10. Re: How is beach at Molino De Aqua vs Velas Vallarta

I've read this same thing many times, about no one being around. If you read the reviews of the people who have stayed here, they have everything great to say about Molino De Aqua.