We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vallarta Eats

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Los Angeles
reviews: 8
Vallarta Eats

If you're new to PV or returning I highly recommend the Vallarta Eats food tour. Look them up here on TA. Eric and Memo are awesome!

San Francisco...
reviews: 3
1. Re: Vallarta Eats

could not agree more!

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 2
2. Re: Vallarta Eats

I've got my tour with them booked. Looking forward to it!!

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 116
3. Re: Vallarta Eats

"could not agree more!"

It might/could be more helpful to many TA members here if the original post had expanded a little on some of the 'what, where, and why' it was so good, and so recommended.

Los Angeles
4. Re: Vallarta Eats

The tour guide was great lots of good authentic mexican food from family-owned restaurants and food carts. Walking is only about 1 mile with plenty of stops to sit and enjoy your food even a stop on the beach for a beer was nice. You learn a lot about the food and people of Puerto Vallarta. The cost is $55 per person you get way more food than you could possibly finish. The tour takes about three hours.

Portland, Oregon
reviews: 96
5. Re: Vallarta Eats

Could you tell us where the tour goes? What restaurants etc... And how do we book it? Is there a website? Is it in the evening or daytime? Thx

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 116
6. Re: Vallarta Eats

Here's a link to the website ...

http://www.vallartaeats.com/

grorgia
reviews: 1
7. Re: Vallarta Eats

Which tour do you like best...the morning or evening?

Thanks in advance

Los Angeles
8. Re: Vallarta Eats

The tour guide was great lots of good authentic mexican food from family-owned restaurants and food carts. Walking is only about 1 mile with plenty of stops to sit and enjoy your food even a stop on the beach for a beer was nice. You learn a lot about the food and people of Puerto Vallarta. The cost is $55 per person you get way more food than you could possibly finish. The tour takes about three hours.

Los Angeles
9. Re: Vallarta Eats

We only did the morning tour. It is mainly street vendors. Eric the owner only tours the best and most reliable vendors. If his clients were to get sick his business would fail. Some vendors have been in their locations for 30 years. The tour is in zona romantica.

Edited: 11:03 pm, December 28, 2012
San Francisco...
reviews: 3
10. Re: Vallarta Eats

"Which tour do you like best...the morning or evening?"

I've done both and loved both; did the evening tour last year and the daytime tour about a month ago (link to my review of the evening tour at the bottom of this post; I am wayyy behind on posting my GLOWING review of the daytime tour). I have no doubt that whichever one I did first, I would have been eager to do the other.

The daytime tour has more stops and the balance is slightly more food carts/vendors than restaurants. On the evening tour it's more restaurants than food carts but you try more dishes at the restaurants. There is only one stop that is on both tours so there is barely any overlap.

If you forced me to pick, I guess I'd say 51 daytime / 49 evening, but that could be because I am a carnitas freak and Eric/Memo turned me on to some swoon-worthy carnitas on the daytime tour.

Whichever you choose -- hopefully both -- it's a great, delicious, fun time.

tripadvisor.com/…REVIEWS