We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Back from the Barcelo, questions?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Salmon Arm, Canada
Back from the Barcelo, questions?

We spent 8 nights at the Barcelo ( 6-14 ).If anyone has any questions, fire away

Mike :)

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 47
21. Re: Back from the Barcelo, questions?

BTW - It is about 15 degrees in Minneapolis today.... I wish I were at the Barcelo now. March seems like a long time away right now!

Kim

mn
22. Re: Back from the Barcelo, questions?

We are going the end of jan and I was wondering about activities going at the hotel. My kids are wondering if they show movies on the beach or have self serve ice cream stations or anything like that. Does the hotel have theme nights like poker night, Mexican night ect.. Also, if we want to stay in a renovated room what would you recommend requesting? Is anything walking distance? Thanks for all your help. We always stay out in Nuevo so this area is all new to us.

Minneapolis, MN
reviews: 47
23. Re: Back from the Barcelo, questions?

Which of the two towers is the better one to stay in? Can you request in advance?

Salmon Arm, Canada
24. Re: Back from the Barcelo, questions?

mn....the activities around the pool and on the beach were not that great in early Dec. It seemed to be one young man ( very nice young man btw ) who did the day time stuff. Archery, pellet guns, water volleyball, that sort of stuff. No movies on the beach or in the theater. They do have at least two self serve ice crean machines with three diff flavors ( white, chocolate and swirl ). At night they have a show starting around nine oclock. The Circus was very good ( Cirque Soliel type) the Pirate show was hillarious ( crowd interaction ) and the rest were dancers and a Mariachi band. The cantina goes on till early hours ( I was right above it lol )

I didn't know there were reno rooms but mine was clean and every room has an ocean view, higher the floor the better. You can walk to the PV Zoo, a nice little walk along the shore or into the small village.

KimF... the best tower would depend on you but tower number two is the furthest from the buffet and the noise of the cantina but it is not a huge walk to get anywhere. At the base of tower one is the buffet and the base of tower two is the snack bar. You can always request in advance but they don't guarantee. We needed three rooms, requested to be close but they had us as far apart as you could get. I refused to check in until we were put closer so they found rooms on the 7th floor of tower one.

mn
25. Re: Back from the Barcelo, questions?

Thanks so much for the info. I was reading on there website that they did a 1.7 million dollar Reno and the pictures of the rooms look really nice. I think it's tower 2 that had the Reno and tower one are timeshare rooms so they have not been renovated. That's what I have heard anyways. Glad to hear that they do have some things going on around the pool. My kids r 12 and 14 and I think they will enjoy the archery and beach volleyball. Still not sure if we should switch hotels or not. Thanks again!

Salmon Arm, Canada
26. Re: Back from the Barcelo, questions?

mn.... I forgot to mention that if the kids go before 11:00am to the dive shop they can use kayaks for free. Just outside the towel desk they have a board with the daily activities. There is also ping pong ( I am the champ ). One thing I didn't do but I wished I had was the free pottery lessons. Sounds Korny? Nope! I didn't know you take a blank piece of pottery (provided), paint it with some direction from the instructor ( nice mexican type colors ), and then they fire it in a kiln for you to take home. No need to go to the Malecon and buy one!!

mn
27. Re: Back from the Barcelo, questions?

Thanks. The kids will love it.

28. Re: Back from the Barcelo, questions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, January 02, 2014