We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lamb....

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Alberta, Canada
reviews: 10
Lamb....

Any recommendations for restaurants serving lamb dishes? Thanks

Puerto Vallarta
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 24
1. Re: Lamb....

I cannot think of many, I think Trio has a lamb dish and Teatro Limon. If you like Shawarma, try Pita Loca- excellent!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 6
2. Re: Lamb....

I am not as familiar with PV restaurants... but if in Bucerias the rack of lamb at Marks's is rated very high.

http://www.marksbucerias.com/menus/

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 53
3. Re: Lamb....

I saw lamb on the menu at Kaiser Maximilian. You'll find their menu on their website....

http://www.kaisermaximilian.com/

Newmarket, Canada
reviews: 5
4. Re: Lamb....

I have eaten lamb at Playa los Arcos, cooked perfectly too!

Lodi, California
reviews: 4
5. Re: Lamb....

does anyone know wher to buy the water color pictures on the bark paper i think?

Alberta, Canada
reviews: 10
6. Re: Lamb....

I should have mentioned we will be on the South side. Definitely will go to Bucerias once or twice and will try Mark's. Keep the ideas coming as we have 2 months to try many new restaurants....can't wait.

Seattle
reviews: 12
7. Re: Lamb....

I had lamb at La Palapa (on the beach) once, but that was years ago you'd need to check their current menu. suze

mexico
8. Re: Lamb....

the supermarket la mega flamingo has frozen lamb in spanish cordero

Edited: 11:10 am, December 08, 2012
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 160
9. Re: Lamb....

Fellow lamb lover: lamb as in leg/shoulder roast of is a rarity in Vallarta restaurants. Personally, I prefer roasted leg of lamb, greek style (Alberta lamb please...NZ lamb as a backup) over lamb chops. In Greece we had to eat 40 or so of the very small chops per person to make a meal of them. They were godly morsels. Trio may serve it as a special from time to time but only have lamb chops on the regular menu. Many places serve up a rack of lamb (chops).

I see Vista Grill say they have roasted lamb, but served as al Pastor: vistagrill.com/product/…

There is only 1 Greek resto in Vallarta that I am aware: Mediterranean Cafe and Bakery: tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g150793-d18… I have never eaten there, tho others might advise what was on the menu in this small place. The website is not revealing. I doubt they would do a leg of lamb due to cost, and as you know its a hunk of meat so they need some assurance they will have customers that day that would order it.

Bruce from Teatro Limon might be coaxed into doing a special Lamb Night theme...with leg/shoulder/ground lamb and chops if there were enough people interested. This is something we would be interested in attending. That said, rack of lamb can be had from Teatro Limon by requesting from Bruce when making the reservation.

Edited: 12:21 pm, December 08, 2012
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 160
10. Re: Lamb....

I should add that, from my travels, I see restaurants in many cities now doing "a whole animal" feature night. Soup, appys, mains etc. all from the same animal or vegetable. Something like the Chinese do with duck - 9 courses from the same duck.