We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting day trips from PV

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
prince albert
reviews: 4
Interesting day trips from PV

My wife and I are making our first trip to PV over Christmas and would like some recommendations for fun and interesting day trips. We purposely chose to stay in a non-AI as we enjoy exploring wherever we go. On a trip to the Mayan Riviera a few years back our favorite day was when we jumped on a collectivo and got dropped off near the ruins at Tulum. After spending a few hours at the ruins and the nearby beach we walked back to the "mall" and asked about the town of Tulum, and whether or not we could walk there. Of course we were told we would need a cab as it is quite a far ways away. When we got clarification (few kms) we laughed and quickly found the trail that follows the highway. We ended up wandering all over the town, residential areas and all, and had a great meal where there were a group of locals gathered around a tiny black and white TV watching mexican pro wrestling. It was quite late when we finally realized we didn't know how we were gonna catch a ride back to our resort. On the edge of town I walked into a small internet cafe and thankfully his english was really good. The guy actually walked out to the road with us to help us flag down one of the busses that makes the trip back to Playa Del carmen. While waiting he told us how he moved from Tabasco to start this business and for Mexicans starting up in a place like Tulum was their "American dream".

So where would be a place to go that could be done in a full day?

Thanks

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
1. Re: Interesting day trips from PV

The town has a wonderful public transport system you can go practically anywhere for as little as 6.5 pesos each.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
2. Re: Interesting day trips from PV

You can get to ElTuito in 55 min, Sayulita in a little over an hour, depending on where you're staying. ?

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
3. Re: Interesting day trips from PV

That's by bus :)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
reviews: 3
4. Re: Interesting day trips from PV

With your adventuress spirit you are going to love PV. So much to see ,so much to enjoy, so many great people. Go to vallartainfo.com for all sorts of information, including maps. You can wander all over and experience the same great feeling you had in PDC/Tulum

Hamilton, Canada
reviews: 10
5. Re: Interesting day trips from PV

There's many day trips you can take via the local buses going north or south. Going to Boca (south) you get off there & walk down into the fishing village & catch a water taxi to one of the beaches & you can walk around one of those towns for the day. There Botanical gardens is out that way too which has many varieties of flowers, trees, etc. Nice restaurant for lunch & the money goes to the gardens. Beautiful spot!

Sayulita is a fun day too-north, just over an hour. Surfing town but lots of little shops, beach & you can walk around the town or along the beach. There's also Guyabitos & LePenita out that way which are also smaller towns to investigate.

Just walk around PV even-many places to walk up the hills, back streets, etc. Pittital(?sp) is a suburb of PV, I guess you'd call it & you can take a local bus there & walk around that area. Not many tourists there.

I'm sure you'll love the area if you like to wander & explore! Have a great time!

Phoenix, Arizona
reviews: 17
6. Re: Interesting day trips from PV

I agree that Boca and Botanical Gardens are very easy daytrips..we love them both

7. Re: Interesting day trips from PV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, December 16, 2013