We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant recommendation for Marina

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 2
Restaurant recommendation for Marina

We will only be in PV for one day and are going on a tour that returns to the Marina are 3:30. We have to get back on the ship at 5:30. I'm looking for a great Mexican restaurant right in the marina.

We are looking for pretty standard food with excellent taste. We like things like table side guacamole, fresh tortillas, refried beans, cheese enchiladas, etc...

We will be with a 2.5 year old who loves chips & salsa. :)

California
1. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

We are considering Victors Place/Cafe Tacuba based on great reviews on Trip Advisor.

This isn't our 1st time to PV and will have to just deal with not being able to get to see more of the city. There will always be next time!

Ohio
reviews: 6
2. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

The marina where the cruise ships dock is the maritime museum, & isn't near Victor's which is north in the marina. These are 2 different areas, but Victor's is very nice & it's a quick taxi ride.

California
3. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

Thanks so much for the clarification!

We will taxi if we have to but I'm wondering if there is anything quick, easy and good to eat by the cruise ship. (Mexican food) I'm expecting to be pretty worn out from the day at that point.

Edited: 5:35 pm, November 03, 2012
Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 57
4. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

There's a little place called El Bucanero right at the docks. It's been there forever, at least since 1996 when my husband first discovered it. . We have a condo in the Krystal down the street and we eat there periodically. Surprisingly, the food is just fine and not overpriced. Basic Mexican dishes.

I'm not in Vallarta right now so I can't doublecheck that it's open, but it probably is.

You can't miss it. . It's right on the water beside the little flea market. The only restaurant. there.

Burnaby, Canada
reviews: 107
5. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

These maps could help:

... move down one map (see link at bottom of map) to see the Maritime Terminal, and its relation to the Marina (to the north) and Hotel Zone (to the south).

http://vallartainfo.com/marina.html

California
6. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

That map is helpful.

If anything, it seems like one of the close hotels might have a decent restaurant.

El Bucanero sounds good too if open.

Edited: 7:00 pm, November 03, 2012
Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 57
7. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

No, they don't I wish they did.

The Hacienda restaurant is only open to the public from 6 to 8 pm, and the Krystal... I can't see it having what you want at this point in time.

There is a restaurant across the street from the Maritime Terminal called El Mero. It is great, if it's open. It is right next door to Outback Steakhouse, toward the airport. Good Mexican Food.

California
8. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

Thank you so much! Unless we are dog tired, we will try one of these places.

I really appreciate the help!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic
reviews: 151
9. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

In the Marina, not Maritime, there is a large variety of restaurants as well as Victor's. Personally i would give El Bucanero a try as careyersolib suggested, very close...and she lives there so dines out often..

Anyway happy Vacations..

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
reviews: 239
10. Re: Restaurant recommendation for Marina

thanks for the tips.