We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 39
Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

Does anyone know about Hotel Amaca.....they look really nice with an amazing roof top view.

But either their emails get bounced back with one address and the other one they have not responded.

their site seems to be having issues regarding booking.

I am wondering if they are closing???

any information at all about them and anyone who has stayed there would be helpful

Shawnee, Kansas
reviews: 56
1. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

Looks nice on the website.

Post #2 in this very recent thread below, says they have been renovated so they are still there at least,

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150793-i46-k54053…

I also saw a 2010 post in which someone was having trouble contacting them, could be you have to hang in there to get in touch with them. I see there are phone numbers on their website so you might try calling.

Vancouver, Canada
2. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

I called they are going to be closed for renos until end of November

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 181
3. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

Below is an extract from a message appearing in the Yahoo groups forum called "Puerto Vallarta Gay Travel" on this topic:

"Posted for Hotel Amaca

---------------------------------

Hi, this is Bill Brooks, one of the owners of the Amaca Hotel in Puerto Vallarta.

In reply to a recent post, I wanted to let everyone know that, yes, there is a new high rise condo building going up a few blocks in front of us and yes, it blocks some of the view, primarily from the roof top bar, but we still have amazing views of the ocean, bay, city and mountains.

We lost our sunset views from the second week of April until about the end of August while the sun passes north behind the new condo building. As the sun returns south, we will have our beautiful sunset views again in September through all of high season until next April.

Our guest rooms still have amazing views as well.

Our reservation system is open for reservations beginning November 20th. We are not taking reservations for August, September and October due to planned renovations prior to the start of next high season. We will probably accept reservations sooner than November 20 but we are waiting to make sure the renovations are completed on time.

In the meantime, our e-mail is working. I am sorry if anyone has had trouble with it..we are unaware of any issues.

You can reach us at reserva@... or use our feedback link on our website at www.hotelamaca.com

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel Amaca!

Bill Brooks "

Vancouver, Canada
4. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

thanks for the update

Munich, Germany
reviews: 5
5. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

Avoid booking this hotel. They charge deposits and will not refund. The Hotel is closed down.

Edited: 2:33 am, November 25, 2012
Ontario
reviews: 14
6. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

The last I heard was that they were closed permanently- I'll try and walk by this week and report back

Seattle
reviews: 12
7. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

It's for sale. I stayed across the street very recently. People were coming around to view it. If it gets opened again under new management I think it's worth a look. Last year it appeared a new popular place, a bar on the roof with live music sometimes, etc. Don't know anyone who stayed there, this is just from seeing it from the outside. It sits tucked in up at the top leg of Pino Suarez just in off the highway behind Subway/OXXO (as point of location reference where 'Juniors' used to be).

suze

Munich, Germany
reviews: 5
8. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

The only thing I will look for is how to get my noney back. 50% deposit for a closed hotel....

And I am not alone. Total rip off.

Edited: 12:30 pm, November 25, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel
reviews: 23
9. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

djmuc.....good luck to you, I hope you and anyone else who lost a deposit get their money back.........

Edited: 12:58 pm, November 25, 2012
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 181
10. Re: Hotel Amaca??? gay hotel

If payment was made by Credit Card, this should be no problem. Any other method...not a hope.