We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Rochester, New York
reviews: 9
Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

We're going to the Vallarta Palace in mid April. We are wondering if there has been any construction has started for the conversion to Hard Rock and if it has disrupted operations.

Columbus, Georgia
reviews: 2
1. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

Ray - if you go to Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico where you type in city, hotel, etc and select Nuevo Vallarta as your destination and then go to the forum there you will find a thread on the 'Vallarta Palace reno"s'. it currently has over 20 postings by myself and others.

Rochester, New York
reviews: 9
2. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for!

Boulder, Colorado
3. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

Just returned from Nuevo Vallarta/Hard Rock & have mixed reviews since they transitioned from a Palace Resort to Hard Rock. Service wasn't as good & the music was always loud, even at night when trying to enjoying a quiet dinner. Apparantly, Hard Rock means loud all of the time, The rooms & grounds are still beautiful and for the most part, the staff is friendly & trying their best to provide good service.

We bought a membership about three years ago & are disappointed that Palace is converting many of their properties to Hard Rock, apparently for better name recognition. We definitely won't be upgrading but trying to get all of our money back that we have invested so far by visiting Palace Resorts that have not converted to Hard Rock.

Call me an old fogey!

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic
reviews: 151
4. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

I recently wrote a review of Hard Rock Vallarta and yes you need to go over to NV forum...check it out things certainly have changed since being a Palace Resort, there are just 4 resorts that converted to Hard Rock...sadly the one we frequent the most is in that list...guess I am an old fogey also as were so many whilst I was there. Hoping management listens to the voices of those who go..

@Barbara J please send an email to them to let them know your thoughts..I did.

Surrey, Canada
reviews: 1
5. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

Barb no options for a buy out?

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
6. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

there are many other Palace resorts yaz08, just the only one on this side is/was Vallarta Palace...I think/ hope they get their act together on the transition...

Arlington Hts, IL
reviews: 23
7. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

bezerk, Read your review. Thank you, very good. Vallarta has been one of my favorite Palace resorts. I am a member too. That does concern me about the music. I love rock music as you too have previously posted, but not all the time. I like a few naps by the pool and yes a relaxing dinner with my husband.

I wonder if corpoate is dictating the level. Do you know if this is a problem at the HR Cancun too? If you have an email to voice an opinon, please let us know. I have referals going in April. Worried now if that will be a turn off.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
8. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

The music volume was turned down substantially to a tolerable level as I stated in my review when we spoke up, with Evana the concierge.

Sorry I have yet to go to the Cancun HR..so no help there.

This person, Roberto Rojas, has assured me that the issues I encountered would be addressed and handled, so I guess you could email him...he has been very receptive to my concerns, thus I do plan to go back and try again but cannot squeeze it in till probably Jan or Feb 2014.

rrojas@hrhvallarta.com

Roberto Rojas

Customer Service Agent

Hard Rock Hotel Vallarta

Paseo de los Cocoteros N° 19 Villa 8

Fracc. Náutico Turístico Nuevo Vallarta

Municipio Bahía de Banderas

Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit

C. P. 63732

http://www.hrhvallarta.com

E-mail: rrojas@hrhvallarta.com

Tel: +52 984 875 11 99 Ext. 4151

Oh I did not personally notice the music as an issue by the pool, only indoors..but others made mention of it..

I sure hope they work it all out as it is a neat environment with all the memorabilia and all.

Arlington Hts, IL
reviews: 23
9. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

I know that you did talk to Mr Rojas on your trip, but according to Barbara, she said it is back up again. That is why I was wondering if it is a corporate rule that the music has to be a certan level. Thank you for the email address.

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
10. Re: Vallarta Palace/Hard Rock conversion

You are welcome and remember if everyone does not speak up , then who knows if things change, yes Barbara said was loud...again..so maybe another email...who knows...