We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling to Dreams with 3 young children...

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles
Travelling to Dreams with 3 young children...

I am looking for advice on travelling to Dreams with 3 young children. If you can help I'd really appreciate it:

1. How did your children enjoy the Kids' club?

2. Are there adjoining rooms in this resort?

3. How did you get to the hotel from the airport? how much did it cost?

4. Did anyone travel to the Splash waterpark from the hotel and, again, how did you get there? how long does it take?

5. The Marival gets a higher rating on this site for families with young children, but the reviews themselves seem to suggest that Dreams is a better place to visit. Does anyone have any comments on the discrepancy?

Thank you so much!

Saint Louis...
reviews: 7
1. Re: Travelling to Dreams with 3 young children...

We just returned from Dreams in Dec.

I totally agree with the reviewers who do not like it. We travel alot and this place was one of the worst all inclusives we've been in, and we've been in about 10 mexican all inclusives. The restaurants were horrible. Customer service is last on their list of priorities.

Pool furniture dirty and worn out.

The ONLY thing nice about it is the private beach. But the bad outweights the good.

Look elsewhere.

If you look at the reviews that trash the place, they all say the same thing- bad food, run down resort, customer service problems.

These reviews really tell the truth.

Hockeytown USA
2. Re: Travelling to Dreams with 3 young children...

Don't listen to Debbie - she's a Dreams hater. :} My wife & I stayed there in January and we loved it. The room is nice - not spectacular. If you like beaches, their beach will make up for some of the minor downside to this hotel.

We didn't take our kids, but most of the people that did that we spoke to were happy with it.

I don't think they have adjoining rooms.

Taxi from the airport - about $20.

Didn't go to SPlash, but there are cabs outside the hotel for pretty cheap all the time.

Dreams is closer to downtown than the Marival - if that's a concern. If you don't plan to go into town too often, or use the beach a lot, there are a lot of great places in Nuevo Vallarta. If you go to the beach - Dreams is the place.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 46
3. Re: Travelling to Dreams with 3 young children...

We went the week of christmas and there were alot of families. they all looked like they were havung fun. Not a great beach for little ones or even myself. strong undertow. Pool seemed very popular with the kids and families. Most of the reviews i read never mentioned alot of kids. Christmas time, i guess being more. If they are young then i think it would be ok but younger teens maybe differenet. Not much life but maybe too young to tour the town. If you don't care about being close to rtown then you should try Neuvo Vallarta. we stayed out at Allegro and it was very family orientated. Or the Melia. The Decameron sounds alright. But Dreams is great if you wnat a nice beach,ocienviews and close to city otherwise the service and food is very average. Pools are not that great. Beach is terrific for suntanning and views but not good for swimming and kids.

Ottawa
reviews: 1
4. Re: Travelling to Dreams with 3 young children...

We just returned from Dreams Monday. The beach is great. The pools are smaller but they have a pool just for kids. They do a movie every night on a big screen at the pool for kids with popcorn and all. The food was great at every resturant. I see these posts with people complaining about the food and I just cannot understand it. We eat at every resturant and even the buffet main resturant had 3 cuts of great steak, the fillet migon and NY strip you cut with your butter knife. They cater to people who want to relax and not be crowded or around the party crowd. Your family will enjoy dreams and you are only a 4 $ taxi rde from downtown PV. The Photo guy at dreams does great photos with the sunset as a background. Lots of boogie boards and kayaks with no waiting time. The boy who takes care of them does a great job and I seen him giving kids rides on the kayaks with kids whose parents did not want to go out. Can't wait to go back.

Southern California
reviews: 3
5. Re: Travelling to Dreams with 3 young children...

We took our 2 kids ages 5 and 3 to Dreams for 10 days in mid Jan.

To answer your questions,

1. How did your children enjoy the Kids' club?

They love the kids club, they wanted to go everyday. Kids have to be 4+ to go so we said our daughter was almost 4 and they said it was fine. The girls take the kids to eat at the world cafe for lunch, sandcastles on the beach, swimming in the kids pool, movie night with popcorn. They even had a camping night were your kids can stay all night if you want to go out. While your kids are there they give you a pager and page you if you need to check in...it was great!

2. Are there adjoining rooms in this resort?

I don't think so, we had a standard room in the dreams tower with 2 double beds which was fine. You also get a couch, mini bar and huge sliding door that opens.

3. How did you get to the hotel from the airport? how much did it cost?

We had bought transfers with our trip package.

4. Did anyone travel to the Splash waterpark from the hotel and, again, how did you get there? how long does it take?

No...The kids loved Dreams beach and pools so we never went there. We did go into PV town several times for $4.

5. The Marival gets a higher rating on this site for families with young children, but the reviews themselves seem to suggest that Dreams is a better place to visit. Does anyone have any comments on the discrepancy?

I've never been to the Marival...but I would go back to Dreams in a second. I don't know how you couldn't love a Dreams vacation. It is perfect for families who want a quiet relaxing vacation...not the big "spring break" party crowd.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.