We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pittsburgh PA
reviews: 6
Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

Me and my friends are planning a trip for May and are seriously considering one of the penthouses at Vallarta Shores. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info or reviews on trip advisor or anywhere else on the internet. Is this place a hotel, condos, apartments? I read somewhere that the penthouses has a chef that prepares meals 2 times daily included in the price. What is the beach like there? Are the alot of beach vendors in that location? Does anyone have pictures to share of Vallarta Shores? I basically want to know everything about this place. The good and bad.

SoCal
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 2
1. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

You might want to check out vallartashores dot com.

Pictures, location and a toll free number.

Pittsburgh PA
2. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

Thanks Teduardo. I did have the chance to check out their site and it looks fantastic. The photos are great, the info is limited. I am hoping to get feedback from folks who have spent time there more recently that would be willing to share their personal experiences.

Pittsburgh PA
3. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

I am suprised by the lack of responses. Hey all you local experts! Any knowledge of this place?

Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 57
4. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

Wallarta Shores is a smallish condo/hotel kind of place in a good location but, those of us who live here don't stay in hotels so we don't know much first hand. I'd suggest you go to one of the local forums such as vallarta info dot com and all vallarta dot com. I know I remember seeing something recently about Vallarta Shores on one of them. Good luck.

5. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

I'm not sure of the exact location of Vallarta Shores along the Bay of Banderas but I just returned from a trip to PV and did visit the beach near the Villas Vallarta (I believe it's near Marina Vallarta). Perhaps it is not far from Vallarta Shores. Here is what I experienced along the bay.

The Villas Vallarta complex is right on the water. However, there was next to no beach available. I don't know if this is related to tide waters at different times of the year or not, but Jan 1-12 there is no beach at this spot.

I also visited several spots along Banderas Bay including Las Muertos in the south, and Bucerias (25 min. by bus North East). Each location (including Villas Vallarta) had very high waves and it was not possible to swim at all. As well, they were all swarming with vendors that approach you every 2 minutes without regard to how often they try to sell you something, though they are polite.

I even went as far as Punta de Mita (1 hour and 20 min. N. by bus) and as soon as I made it to the water, vendors appeared immediately. They try to sell you everything - table cloths, carved wood figurines, wind chimes, pareos, silver and shell jewelry, etc., etc.

Even walking along the Malecon day or evening people try to sell you 'silver' bracelets, etc.

I found going about the city of Puerto Vallarta upsetting for another reason. I was with my husband and perhaps we were a mark - but timeshare people (Mexican citizens paid to get tourists to attend 'breakfast' seminars) approached us continously, everywhere - the airport, in restaurants while we were eating, the MEGA grocery store! - and from every street corner. I am so upset at being continually harrassed I will never go to PV again.

On the good side, PV south is incredibly gorgeous, the food is great and we had the most fabulous weather during our stay.

Karinaa

Puerto Vallarta...
6. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

Just so there's no confusion, Vallarta Shores is at the very far end of Los Muertos Beach on the South Side of Vallarta. It's quite a long way from the Marina.

Pittsburgh PA
7. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

That is correct. Vallarta Shoes is on the south side, not anywhere near the marina area.

8. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

South of Las Muertos is gorgeous.

I hope you post when you return about beach/swimming conditions and whether the beach vendors made it down to your neck of the woods.

Karinaa

Pittsburgh PA
9. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

Because there is such a lack of reviews here I will try to write a review. Is theer anybody out there that has any other specific info about this resort? I realize that it's a beautiful place. The images on their website are great. But i was hoping that some of you folks would be able to tell me about the bones of the place.

Puerto Vallarta...
10. Re: Vallarta Shores Hotel/Condos - Tell Me Everything

Flashman: I just went to allvallarta dot com and looked on their sub message board of "hotel, condo and rental reviews". On page two you'll find a post entitled Vallarta Shores? with 5 replies from people who've stayed there. I'm not sure if you found it or not but it should give you some of what you're looking for.