i am posting something a Dutch friend of mine wrote- a tongue in cheek travel warning for Puerto Vallarta:
Travel Warnings are issued when long-term, protracted conditions that make a country or city dangerous or unstable lead the State Department to recommend that everybody should avoid or consider the risk of travel to that country or city.
Here are the current travel warnings from Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco:
1.Puerto Vallarta is highly addictive. You will either 1.)never want to leave, or 2.) will always want to come back. Be aware that there is no such thing as PVR Rehab-yet, or we are not aware of it.
2. Never drink water. Why would you drink water anyway if you can drink piña coladas or margaritas?
3. Never cross the Av. Fransisco Villa in the rainy season without a certification that either 1.) you can swim or 2.) your car can.
4. When you travel by public bus make sure that you take place at the isle, NEVER take a window seat as the 350lbs person will always sit next to you if you do. DO NOT STAND UP, just move your legs a couple of centimeters, that should do it.
5. If you do not see that there are glass doors when entering Plaza Galerias open your eyes. There is a “Devlyn ” optician store, in the plaza, so it will not happen again on the way out.
6. Never go to a birthday party in Mexico. You are risking your life. You might get hit by the stick when breaking the piñata. Or the candies in the piñata.
7. Do not feed the street dogs, as for sure you will fall in love with them when you notice that they are really nice and friendly and if you only knew how easy it is to adopt them you want to take them all home.
8. Do not eat at any restaurant in Puerto Vallarta. There are over a 1000 restaurants. We like to get sick. We eat there every day. And do not even consider to go to Ladies night at my favorite sushi place on Wednesday, I hate to wait for a table
9. Only buy at stores that are recommended by the cruise lines. It is the only way we can guarantee that you pay too much.
10.Take all of the 9 advises seriously, once again, we do not know if there is such thing as PV rehab.
If you follow these advices, your trip to paradise should be ok. Do not claim that we did not warn you if you do not follow this advice.