We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huge waves on Beaches

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 2
Huge waves on Beaches

Can anyone give me an overview of Beaches. My kids love big waves and I like the calm beaches. Are the beaches ones that you can use the boggie boards? Do any of the beaches have lifegards? Or are they all swim at your own risk? Please fill me in on both types. We are staying at Vallarta Torre I believe that is in the marina zone.

Vancouver, WA
1. Re: Huge waves on Beaches

Up North by the Royal Decameron and Bucerias you can get good body boarding waves - also further around the bay to Sayulita.

Weyburn, Canada
reviews: 40
2. Re: Huge waves on Beaches

What kind of waves should we expect at the Canto Del Son for mid Feb/06, hoping for fairly calm waters. I hear there can be a strong undertow in PV.

Crown Point, Indiana
reviews: 79
3. Re: Huge waves on Beaches

We just got back from PV, and I am a WATER person. Love to swim, pool or ocean or lake.

BUT, I would not go in the water in PV...not clean looking, trash here and there, smells strong like fish and was cold. Loved PV a whole lot, but the water is not nice. Didn't see many people swimming, only up to their ankles on the beach.