We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta??

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver, B.C.
reviews: 1
Price of Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta??

If, for example, you are staying at the Grand Velas Suites in Nuevo Vallarta - how much would it cost for a taxi into downtown Puerto Vallarta? Is it the type of hotel that you have to use the hotel taxis which have set rates or can you walk outside the hotel grounds and get a cheaper taxi OR are there no taxis outside unless you call them? We are thinking of staying there (depending on the price) and probably want to go into town every 2nd day of a two week holiday. We would like to know how long it is - 20 or 30 minutes? There is probably a bus (but that would double our time and probably has no a.c.). If anyone could answer this asap it could help us decide if Nuevo Vallarta is an option for us. Thanks!!

Canuck

Vancouver, B.C.
21. Re: Price of Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta??

Hi Kellsma,

Thanks for the cab info. Grand Velas seems nice but I thought you said that there was NO entertainment? If we stay out in Nuevo, we would have to stay at a place that has entertainment nightly, just in case we weren't going into PV EVERY night. We are not huge party animals, but hubby does get bored easily especially if NOTHING is going on. We would want (in a perfect world) a nightly entertainment type of show and/or mariachis/piano player in the bar at the hotel. We don't need a disco, but like to hear some music. Maybe I read your other comments incorrectly, but I could have sworn you said that Grand Velas had nothing in the way of entertainment. Correct me if I am wrong! Thanks.

P.S. How many more sleeps till you go?

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
22. Re: Price of Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta??

Quite a good music scene in Bucerias and La Cruz de Huanacaxtle, a much shorted taxi ride any.

Vancouver, B.C.
23. Re: Price of Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta??

Thanks, JR. I will have to check it out. A question for you - do you know if the Grand Mayan is operated as a hotel as well as a timeshare property? We are trying to get info and rates and are having problems. I know you live in PV, but thought you might have an idea. For instance, can "normal" people (ha ha) as opposed to "timeshare members" stay at their place? Thanks!

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
24. Re: Price of Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta??

You got me on that one, don't know.

I seldom travel out there, sorry.

Orange County, CA
reviews: 12
25. Re: Price of Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta??

HI Canuck, yes, entertainment is limited at GV. I know there is a dance club next door at Marival. Don't know if they let "outsiders" in but that is an option. Still can't help you on Grand Mayan, have you tried calling them?

Vancouver, B.C.
26. Re: Price of Cab Fare from Nuevo Vallarta to Puerto Vallarta??

Hi Kellsma,

No I haven't called them - have to find number. Called Costco and GV is booked solid all of next year till after June. They may have an opening (by request only) for about 5 days in May at a cost of $339 US per nite for two - which is way too much for us. Was looking briefly at Paradise Village 'cause Costco has that one - it's a lot cheaper - but the reviews seem like if you are a "hotel guest" as opposed to a "timeshare owner/guest" you are treated like crap - for ex. you book an oceanside room (which we would) and you get a room overlooking the zoo or a parking lot and the people were told that they save the "good" rooms for the timeshare people. Sounds too risky to me, although the place looks fantastic. My research continues...

Canuck