We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Vallarta weather in September

Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
los angeles, ca
reviews: 7
Puerto Vallarta weather in September

Hi, I'm headed to Puerto Vallarta in September. I've never been and just wondering if anyone knows anything regarding the weather? I've read some forecasts that say it's the rainiest month. Anyone have any personal experience? Thanks.

Puerto Vallarta
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 24
1. Re: Puerto Vallarta weather in September

I have a few years experience with September:) I personally love it but I also love thunderstorms and rain... and yet, there is not enough to suit my liking:)

In reality you will still have plenty of sun if Mother Nature keep up with her track record. Most of the rain (if we get any) is at night- although there may be some afternoon showers, you will welcome them! While the rain is warm it still cools everything down.

If it does rain you still have plenty of things to do- plus all the locals just deal with the rain with a "life goes on attitude". Heck most of the time I don't even put the top on my convertible.:)

Today during the rain, most people on the street just kept on walking or swung into the nearest bar or coffee shop to wait it out. Makes you stop and smell the ro......errr.....rain! :)