We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ashland
Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

Does anyone have information or thoughts on the Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour in El Pitillal? Thanks!

San Pancho, Mexico
reviews: 3
1. Re: Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

I don't know about the tequila tour in Pitillal but there are three tequila factories north of Vallarta on highway 200 - furthest one about 15 miles from PV -- they all give tours and sell very special tequilas and liqours.

2. Re: Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:27 pm, August 22, 2005
Rhode Island
3. Re: Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

Great tour! I would go again. Actually, I was ill when I went, and still had a great time. Ended up, I was suffering from dehydration (too many Margaritas and cervezas, and not enough bottled water - so beware!). But the tour was great, I learned a lot, and became a Certified Tequilero de Primera! It changed my life - no more cheap Tequilas for me!!

Chicago
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta
reviews: 34
4. Re: Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

going in October and staying at the Golden Crown near where the cruise ships come in. How do I get to the tequilla tour from there?

San Pancho, Mexico
5. Re: Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

You can grab a cab from there or take the bus toward pitillal -- a cab won't cost you much-- you're very close.

Vancouver, WA
6. Re: Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

If this is the same tour as the Tequila Six Pack tour, then I believe the tour includes hotel pickup. You would be picked up at the Golden Crown. The tour from your hotel is about $100, or you can take a cab up there.

San Pancho, Mexico
7. Re: Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

no, this one is a little trip through a replica of an old time tequila factory (complete with costumes) and free drinks. Its about 2 miles down the road from Sams/Walmart and very inexpensive and fun.

Puerto Vallarta
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 25
8. Re: Mexican Folklore & Tequila Tour

The Tequila Six Pack tour is a real tequila distilery tour to the town of Tequila, Jalisco where tequila comes from. You go to breakfast, then the lava flows and volcano, ruins and plantation, then off to a real tequila factory, lunch and more.

About $80 US. You ride on a nice bus with A/C- hotel pick-up...can only be done with a tour, no cabs, it is far away...like more than two hours.