We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time in PV, need expert advice

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Fond du Lac, WI
reviews: 13
1st time in PV, need expert advice

We are planning a two family vacation for next March and were planning on going to the Rivera Maya area. But in checking it seems that PV is much more reasonable. The problem is that I have been researching the PDC area for months and I don't have a lot of info. on PV. I have been reading and it seems that the experts don't think that an AI is the way to go, but for us it is the best option. This is the 1st time we are taking the kids and we need a resort with a pool and lots of acitivities. The kids are 16, 17 and 19. At first I wasn't sure about the area, but the more I think about it, I think I would like the downtown area. We needs things to do when we leave the resort and we always enjoy the native culture when we visit a country. Any all inclusives on the beach that have a nice pool, is clean and fairly new? We have been to Jamaica, Dominican Repbublic and Cruises, so I think this will be a switch for us. Any help would be appreciated.

Puerto Vallarta...
reviews: 3
1. Re: 1st time in PV, need expert advice

Hi - check out the Holiday Inn Resort. Great pool and beach, on the bus line (great mixing with local culture) for 45 cents per person to take you in to town - 10 minute ride. There is a building of private condos you can lease directly from owners on the property, where all the amenities of the Holiday Inn are free for your use; but you have the updated condos with kitchens, etc. The all inclusive can be arranged through the owners but paid to the Holiday Inn directly. Very safe, very clean. You can find these condos on www.rentalo.com or www.vacationrentals.com.

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
2. Re: 1st time in PV, need expert advice

Look for posts by PVPam! She has fantastic info! You will not have any trouble finding things to do in and around PV! Pop in to your local travel agency and gather up some brochures. A good agent can be an extremely valuable resource, and may just be able to meet or beat the prices you see on the web. Packages will include air, lodging, transfers and all taxes, optional cax. insurance....plus you have the expert to find you just what you want, without all the work. If you have a basic budget in mind-they will happily work with in that, and if the agent is familiar with PV, combined with forums like this and the looking you have done, it will be a great trip.

Puerto Vallarta...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Vallarta
reviews: 5
3. Re: 1st time in PV, need expert advice

Yes a 'good' travel agent will help, but, in my experience they are few and far between. Many tourist didn't even know that the summer was rainy season, if their travel agent knew, they didn't tell 'em.

You can get much better info. on-line, like this one

http://vallartainfo.com

grin :)

Lodi, California
Destination Expert
for Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 33
4. Re: 1st time in PV, need expert advice

JR-there are still some very knowledgable agents out here ;-)

We may be getting a bit long in the tooth, but those with 30 plus years experience have traveled and have some good info to share. I advise checking all the resources and picking what works for you.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Vallarta