We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron safe?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Puerto Vallarta hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon, Illinois
Royal Decameron safe?

We're going to stay at the Royal Decameron May 2-7. Everyone has been saying you can walk the beach to Bucerias. Is this safe? I've read other reviews about muggings etc. We were in Cancun last year and there were a lot of security guards patrolling the pool/beach area and in front of the hotel. Do they do this at the Royal Decameron also? My husband is a beer drinker (preferably Coors Light). Will he be able to buy beer (other than Mexican) somewhere to bring back to the hotel?

Thanks

omaha, ne
reviews: 6
1. Re: Royal Decameron safe?

I felt very safe while here. I walked quite a ways in either direction. I didn't go far at night tho.. just right in front of the resort.

Edmonton
reviews: 9
2. Re: Royal Decameron safe?

Oh its definitely safe to walk during the day! I wouldn't do it at night though... never know.

The Decameron has security staff on the premise at all times and has personnel to make sure nobody comes onto the resort grounds from the beach who are not welcome.

I don't know if they have coors light down there... you can definitely walk into Bucerias and buy beer. But I am not too sure what brands they have