We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on the El Cid Castilla

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
NW Ontario, Canada
reviews: 1
Questions on the El Cid Castilla

I have a few questions that I hope you can answer. so here they go--I understand that even though we are going AI, that we have to wear those ungodly wristbands, does anybody know of a way that we could take them off and put them back on at our convenience? Would we have to get up at the crack of dawn to get a lounge chair at this place? Do they have coffee pots in the rooms? And finally, are the bed the normal mattress on a slab of concrete? We have been to PV countless times but this is our first time to Mazatlan, so we are newbies. Thank you for your patience in answering my questions.

Take Care & Keep Smiling!

Canada
reviews: 6
1. Re: Questions on the El Cid Castilla

I stayed at the El Cid Castilla.. In March of 2003. The beds were on concrete slabs but I did get sort of used to it. I wore my wrist band all the time but there were still restaurants I could not go in for free. I did not have a coffee maker in my room but some of the suites do have a coffee maker...If you are paying for a standard room then you probalby won't have one. I stayed in the lower level rooms near the pool and did not like it at all... They were musty and the noise from the pool started early... But I did not spend much time in my room anyhow... Lots of great cheap places to eat... I did not find AI an advantage in Mazatlan....The El Cid has nice golf course and I had a massage etc at the spa which was nice..Mazatlan has cheap shopping for silver, leather t-shirts and trinkets....

I did not like the El Cid as much as I hoped because the service was slow at times... I like the smaller more personal hotels anyway

Depends what you like.....Mazatlan is an interesting city lots to see and do the hotel is a small part of it.....

Have fun....

Edmonton
reviews: 2
2. Re: Questions on the El Cid Castilla

If you have already booked and payed for this resort, my condolences...if not CHANGE your plans immediately. Believe me, I have been to a lot of resorts, and this one was the worst by a mile. Beds are rock hard, rooms are 70's style, water from tap is BROWN. The food is horrid. We were AI, and went out to eat for supper 6 of the 7 nights we were there...we tried supper ONCE. Rooms are musty, air conditioning pipes rattle constantly, doors SLAM shut continuously......sorry, I could go on and on.

I have met two other couples in my travels, and when the El Cid came up, it was not pretty....both couples said NEVER, EVER again would they go there nor reccomend it to anyone. Very sorry if you are booked and confirmed, just want you to know what to expect.