We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mazatlan in September

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
California
reviews: 1
mazatlan in September

Hi everyone,

My buddy and I are going to be in Mazatlan in about 3 weeks, from Thurs - Monday. We are staying at El Cid, which seems to be the best hotel around there. I'd like to plan out where to party at, which clubs are the best on what nights, and the best time to get to them.

Also, I have an interesting thought. We have an all inclusive deal that includes all alcohol. I don't like drinking beer, but I think I'm going to have to because they put Ice in mixed drinks, which means the ice is made from Mexico's crappy water. Has anyone had any bad experience from this?

Thank you

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 2
11. Re: mazatlan in September

Thanx crazygolfer. Can you tell me if the rooms in the tower are far from the pools? Lots of walking involved? Have you stayed up that high there? Is it freaky??

Mazatlan, Mexico
12. Re: mazatlan in September

The complex sort of wraps around the pools so, no it isn't far...just a matter of going down the elevator. We have stayed there several times...are you in a one or 2 bdr? Last Nov we had a 2 bdr that was in a section that they are totally renovating..fantastic! It was like a totally new room. Absoultely huge. We have also stayed in an older one bedr...it too had lots of room and we thought it was great. It is a nice facility...you don't need to worry that you will be in a dive...at least not from what we have seen in 5 stays there. I can't remember what floor we were on last...15? 17? and unless you have a horrible fear of heights...no issue. From one part you can see all along the beach 'forever'. The section we were in last year was pool view and beyond the pool we could see the ocean. Think in terms of a U shaped kitchen...the top of the U is at the ocean, the pool in the middle. We like it there..surprise...we are golfers so it is a short jaunt tacross the street to the course. It is located in the middle of the golden zone so easy to get around fro there. When are you going to be there?

Scottsdale, Arizona
reviews: 2
13. Re: mazatlan in September

We are going Thanksgiving week. We are in a renovated section, suppose to be anyway. Very excited about the BIG rooms, that should be great! Since you are a regular can you recommend some restaurants? We will get sitters a couple nights and like nice atmossphere and great food. Higher end preffered.

I appreciate you putting some of my concerns to rest. Reading some reviews had me concerned about the food at the hotel and dunginess of the rooms, ie cockroaches? Is it true that the bars stop serving around 6pm and the only place on site for a cocktail is the lobby bar? That just sounds crazy...

Mazatlan, Mexico
14. Re: mazatlan in September

The lobby bar is actualy quite large. Not quite what it sounds like...it has comfy couches etc...not your typical bar. It isn't a disco...but they have music playing etc. (and it has wireless internet in case you might want it) The El Cid El Moro and El Cid Castilla are actually joined together so although bars and lounges in the El Moro might not be open, they will be at the Castilla. Also, not true that the only place you can get a drink after 6 is the lobby bar. The swim up bar prob isn't open then..but keep in mind that by 6 PM it is dark in Nov. There is absolutely fantastic pizz across the street and If you have a look at the previous threads, there are some extensive lists of excellent restaurants including price ranges... a lot are within walking distance from the resort...and the reviews are accurate. If you need to take a cab, it won;tbe a lot iof $$. Don't sweat the resort.....I think you will be happy with it.

We are there from Nov 4 for 3 weeks, possibly 4. In addition to our own rooms, 8 others of our family are staying there for part of their time in Maz....they have stayed there many times before and are really happy to be going back. As I said, not all the rooms are brand new..but all we have seen have been just fine.

You can email me direct at exso@telus.net if you like.

15. Re: mazatlan in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, August 16, 2009