We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Day 5

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Level Contributor
408 posts
Trip Report - Day 5

Finally my belated trip report continuing on day 5 Monday May 19th. Monday was a "moving day" from Suites Lindamar in the GZ to La Siesta in Olas Altas. Before the move I had breakfast one more time at Locos Locos and went with the French Toast, Bacon and Juice. Good but more than I could finish. Maybe still a little full from the Lasagna at Raggio the night before.

Packed up (i.e. threw everything into my suitcase) and checked in at La Siesta. They wanted to give me a corner room on the third floor which was larger and really nice but unfortunately the Wi-Fi reception was non-existent so took an ocean view room on the second floor. By now it was time for lunch so decided to head to Edgar's Bar for a couple then lunch at Cristy's next door, Then the bartender told me no problem, I could order there and they would bring it over. Great!

I had the Comida Corrida (blue plate special) which included soup, chicken in mole, rice, beans and tortillas for the grand total of 50 pesos. Including my 20 peso Pacifico at Edgar's we have a great 70 peso lunch. Now this is Mazatlan at it's finest. BTW, F.I.S.H. could learn something about cooking rice from these guys.

Now it's off to El Gallito, an authentic Mexican Cantina. Probably not for the faint of heart but interesting. Siesta time.

Dinner was at El Muchacho Alegre around Playa Norte. I believe it was formally Puerto Azul. Very nice décor and pretty good food. I had the fish filet in garlic butter. By now I was getting pretty tired but decided to stroll over to Plaza Machada. It was very dead on a Monday night. Bed time.

1. Re: Trip Report - Day 5

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 03, 2015