We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Odds and ends

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 1
Odds and ends

A few notes about some changes in Sabalo Country; Ernies is still moving forward with taking over La Canoa, word is they plan on making it bit ''upscale''. Exactly what they mean by that, only time will tell.

The owners of Hotel El Faro (formerly Camino Real) recieved their permits for remodeling/construction this week. We'll see how quickly that begins.

Lucky B's is trying to get into the space that was "La Terraza'' across from Pueblo Bonito for a second location. They are still negotiating the rent, but have already had their architect make plans for the space and they hope to be in by the end of summer and open by October.

There is also a new restaurant in Marina Mazatlan; Dock 7. They have fresh lobster and oyster tanks and feature only local and seasonal catch on the menu. I have been by twice- both times it was excellent. Here is their website; http://www.dock7.com.mx/.

Edited: 10:20 am, May 23, 2014
6 replies to this topic
Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 93
1. Re: Odds and ends

Thanks for keeping us up to date. Makes it easier to make plans for 2015.

California
2. Re: Odds and ends

poolds what the latest scuttlebutt on whether the El Faro is going with a straight hotel renovation, or a larger scale development from scratch?

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 1
3. Re: Odds and ends

Don't know.....I have heard both plans. I am not sure a renovation would be worth it.......it appears to be pretty well deteriorated.

Saginaw, Minnesota
reviews: 36
4. Re: Odds and ends

Thanks for the updates. Love to hear the current local news we can never get enough of it.

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 28
5. Re: Odds and ends

Good Luck to the guys at Lucky B's.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 109
6. Re: Odds and ends

I love the look of Dock 7 and love that they have an online menu. Will try it for sure next visit.

Reply to: Odds and ends
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted