We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Day 3

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego...
Trip Report - Day 3

Saturday morning I took the short walk from Suites Lindamar to Pancho's. I had the beef tips in a ranchero sauce and pork loin in salsa verde with frijoles and chilaquiles. Not sure what they called it on their menu, but it was very good.

Later towards lunch I decided I was going to take the bus up to The Last Drop. I had never been there before and I had never taken the bus that far north. I normally would take a pulmonia, especially since I wasn't sure where I was going. Got on the Cerritos bus OK along with a NOB couple. That's when I was told that they thought The Last Drop was closed for the season. I pressed on anyway but decided to get off by the Riu. I figured I could get a pulmonia from there and then if it was closed I would have a ride back.

Turns out the driver tried to tell me it was closed also and take me instead to Mr. Lionso's. He however had an ulterior motive. I think he was getting a kick-back. I insisted he drive by and sure enough The Last Drop was open. They don't open until noon this time of year though. They are going to try to stay open through the summer. They didn't last year. I had the Cheeseburger and Fries. Both were good although they build the burger in the kitchen. I prefer to have the vegies and condiments on the side so I can do my own thing. Talked a while to the owner and bartender. Both were very nice and informative.

I then walked over to Mr. Lionso's and they had a good crowd, mostly if not all nationals. Live music doing the pay by the song thing. After a drink there headed back on a pulmonia. Enough with the bus.

After a siesta and killing some time with various things I headed for dinner at F.I.S.H. Rootsterford was playing that night. I was earlier disappointed that Surf's Up was done with the Saturday Reggae music and Tapas for the season so this was a chance to see them. I ordered the kebob's with shrimp, salmon and mahi-mahi I think. It was just alright. The fish was a little dry. Also I wish I had read Chuck-Mary's suggestion earlier and substituted frys for the rice. The rice was very bland. But it was a good enough dinner and I enjoyed the music.

I then walked over to The Inn at Maz for last call. I really like The Inn. It's always a very relaxing place for me. And so that ended Day 3 for me. I don't know how long these posts can be so I'll start Day 4 in another post.

3 replies to this topic
North Carolina
reviews: 12
1. Re: Trip Report - Day 3

Enjoying your reports - keep it up!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 31
2. Re: Trip Report - Day 3

Traderkimo:

I've read your posts with great interest. Further, I like your style. It appears that you've hit some restaurants from Olas Altas to Cerritos beaches and several in between. You must try Gus Gus at the Marina. And there are a couple other nice restaurants there. And yes, I love The Inn at Mazatlan , myself--excellent service--and valet parking!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 202
3. Re: Trip Report - Day 3

Thanks again for your great reports kimo!

Reply to: Trip Report - Day 3
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted