We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Plans for 2015

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
115 reviews
Plans for 2015

We really enjoyed Las Flores last year. However found it a tad too noisy. We are not doing A1. February 21 to March 7. Have never looked at the El Cid Granada before. Any feedback from you folks. Are the renos complete? We only need a studio with kitchenette. We would utilize resort in am. Usually visit other areas in pm. Back to room in early evening. Eat dinners out. We spend lunch time at Royal Villas with family. I have read reviews, but value your comments.

Morris, Illinois
Level Contributor
677 posts
20 reviews
1. Re: Plans for 2015

We have always enjoyed Granada. it's older but very clean and quiet. There is a walkway to connect you to El Castillo and El Moro. We always look at the deals and pick from El Moro or Granada. We would'nt mind staying there again and we sort of miss it at times. We also have stayed at the Marina and that would be our last option.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
115 reviews
2. Re: Plans for 2015

Thanks folks. Keep enjoying. :)

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
678 posts
28 reviews
3. Re: Plans for 2015

You might enjoy the El Cid Marina as well. The have some very nice studio style suites there plus a great restaurant, pool area etc.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
115 reviews
4. Re: Plans for 2015

Yes, someday would love to stay at the Marina, it is a lovely place. We are looking at the Granada for quiet and walking distance to the Royal Villas. If anyone else can comment on the Granada...please jump in.

South Dakota
Level Contributor
331 posts
13 reviews
5. Re: Plans for 2015

Just wondering why you don't stay at the Royal Villas? We have never stayed there but they seem to get pretty decent reviews.

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
115 reviews
6. Re: Plans for 2015

Out of Canada our tour companies only offer A1, at this property. We want EP plan. Just might bite the bullet...expensive...but? Thinking about it. Room designations are crap too! Travelling from a hick town...so a real crap shoot. Thanks for inquiring, though. I must sound like a whiner :)

South Dakota
Level Contributor
331 posts
13 reviews
7. Re: Plans for 2015

I was just asking because I punched in those dates on Kayak and believe it or not the Royal Villas was cheaper that the El CID Granada. I hope you can put it all together. Good luck!!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
578 posts
43 reviews
8. Re: Plans for 2015

Beginning to feel the PANG ! We couldn't go last year due to health. Now we think MAYBE ! Fill us in how Maz. is this year, We started going in1983 so have seen a lot of different Maz"lans. Have loved them all.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,193 posts
35 reviews
9. Re: Plans for 2015

Maz, it is a-changing. If you haven't been there in a couple years you will notice the differences. Still many restaurants being replaced by new ones. More building around the Marina area. More National tourists, especially on the week-ends. Increase in the number of long term NOB tourists this past year. The Golden Zone, around Pancho's and Sea Shell City is hopping again on cruise ship days. And finally much more traffic. Just my observations...

California
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
10. Re: Plans for 2015

Mazexp's observations are right on the money....and you can expect all of the above to increase next year. In fact the combination of Durango toll road / cruise boats / terrific Sinaloa and Maz tourist promotions / and general NOB visitor increas to Mexico could see Maz having a huge resurgence throughout the city.

Edited: 2:01 pm, May 31, 2014