We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 12
Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

Monday evening - we wanted fried chicken at La Copita but forgot they were probably closed on Mondays and they were. So we walked around the block to Zaragosa and hoped Raymundo's taco stand would be open - nope. We decided to order our first pizza in Maz. I found some good recommendations on TA, found the # for Mi Casita Pizza and had a delicious pizza about 30 min. later. The owner speaks very good English - cost @$140 for a large with pepperoni, onion, mushrooms, & olives.

Tuesday - Another 1st this morning - called Tony's Burgers (the owner speaks pretty good English)located at the mercado and ordered 2 omelets and toast - total cost delivered @$90. We then walked down to Plaza Machado area just enjoying the architecture, sights, & sounds. Ended up at Puerto Viejo for a couple of Pacificos - it was rather hot today and the humidity seemer higher too. We confirmed Kannon will be playing Friday night so we'll be down there about 7pm Traderkimo if stop by. Look for 2 sad Americans who have to leave Maz Saturday morning - we usually sit by the outside counter facing Sixto Asuna. My DH will be wearing a cap and I'll probably have a sunvisor on.

We also found out our apartment will be rented for a year so we're going to look at some other options in El Centro - we're hoping we'll be back for 3 mos. in January.

This evening - back to La Copita for chicken....they didn't have any! Instead we tried the pozole, pollo enchilada, chorizo taco and a rosa raspado. I guess we'll try again tomorrow night. More to come...

7 replies to this topic
San Diego...
1. Re: Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

ncgirl, I'll probably hit Macaws first to hear Rob and whoever is with him then maybe Jonathon's Rooftop for Cheryl and wind up at Puerto Viejo. (Order and times may vary) They're all good so got to hear them all. So little time, so much music!

Anyway, I'll definitely be there. I'm always wearing Hawaiian Aloha shirts so you can't miss me. Just look for the "old guy".

Kimo

Houston, Texas
reviews: 77
2. Re: Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

We eat at Tony's Burgers at least once during our 2 week visit! The taco's are fantastic! We also enjoyed the omelettes. Next on our agenda is to actually eat one of his burgers!

North Carolina
reviews: 12
3. Re: Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

We had the shrimp burger the other day and it was delicious - we will definitely return on future visits.

Millsboro, Delaware
reviews: 28
4. Re: Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

Thanks for the "La Copita" recommendation! It looks to be an 8 to 10 block walk, and we'll definitely check it out.

Glad to see you enjoyed Mi Casita, one of our favorites which we'll visit/call out to a few times during our upcoming month in Centro.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 167
5. Re: Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

Ncgirl - if you're there for three months in January maybe we'll meet. I'm hoping to go mid Jan to mid Mar at a minimum. The condo I usually rent is booked so just looking for an alternative.

Edited: 2:58 am, May 25, 2014
Mazatlan, Mexico
6. Re: Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

Yes, Jesus and his wife make the best pizza in Mazatlan. We order one every Friday like clockwork. If we don't call at opening time at 12:00 he begins to worry :-) He has a cute patio/garden outdoor cafe/restaurant adjacent to his home. It's nice to sit and eat next to the herb garden that's used in your food. Bonus! You can bring your own wine with you. Also check out all the frogs!!! Take a pic of him when he arrives with your pizza in his pulmonia, where else can you see that?

He is also a registered tour guide and has an encyclopedic knowledge of all things Maz and the surrounding towns.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 1
7. Re: Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12

I'm hungry already!

Can wait!

Reply to: Trip Report - rest of Day 11 & Day 12
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted