We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report #1

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Trip Report #1

We arrived in Mazatlan on Saturday, April 26th. We were two of 31 passengers on the last West Jet flight of the season from Edmonton so most people were lucky enough to grab a row and sleep all the way to paradise. Going through customs was a breeze (thankfully I did not get a red light because I had chocolates and cookies for our friends here). We got to the condo, unpacked and were out and about by 1:30 p.m. We made our way down to Centro because we did not want to miss the moto bike parade......parked ourselves at Angelina's and stayed for about 4 hours........ok, you must try the avocado and tomato tower....it was excellent! We also had one shrimp taco and the Portobello mushroom burger. All were absolutely delicious. It was an excellent vantage point to watch the parade from, after it finally began. It was really a lot of fun to watch, but I must say that I am glad we were here for only the last day of moto week.

On Sunday we attended service at The Vineyard Church and then spent the rest of the day enjoying the pool at the condo.

Today we had one task in mind and completed it. We took some pictures to be framed to El Pinita in Centro (thank you Mazep for your recommendation) and are so looking forward to the finished products when we pick them up on Friday. The ladies who helped us were so kind and I know I will be pleased.

I had wanted the avocado/tomato tower again at Angelina's but they were not open yet so we had tortilla soup at El Rancho, just a few doors down. It was very good, even though I am not a huge fan of this soup. We walked around Centro for a couple of hours looking at beautiful buildings we had not seen before. We made our way home and now our plan is to get to Henry's Tacos as recommended by SunSeeker.

The weather is hot and humid but absolutely beautiful. The people here are as welcoming as ever and we are so glad to be here.

2 replies to this topic
Shoreline...
reviews: 19
1. Re: Trip Report #1

Sounds like fun! Keep the posts coming - I need a few new places to go when I come down!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 180
2. Re: Trip Report #1

Excellent first couple of days! Yes keep the reports coming and let us know what you're doing - and how you liked Henry's Tacos!

Reply to: Trip Report #1
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted