We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Carolina
reviews: 12
Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

I'm so jealous reading how much fun Sunseeker and others are having - can't wait to get there 5/2-5/17! Anyone else going in May? We have so much planned to do - great restaurants, fishing, Pacificos... my husband keeps saying "we're only going to be there for 2 weeks!"

We'll be staying in an apartment in El Centro, but hope to explore more of the Gold Zone. Looking forward to Surf's Up and FISH - hopefully we'll have a few fish of our own to take to Lupes'. We're gonna try some surf fishing this time with Jason....thinking we might even give Challio a call Birdman! We'll be there for the last Art Walk of the season which should be exciting. We also have 2 fishing trips with Bibi Fleet. Last time we got a marlin and a sailfish...before that lots of dorado and tuna - yum, yum! Does anyone know if Raul has an email? My husband's 66th birthday is on 5/3 so we hope to take a city tour with Raul - get a massage and eat dinner at Pedro & Lola's...plus he's retiring 6/1.....should be a great trip - our 4th so far! Keep the posts coming!!

8 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 5
1. Re: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

My husband and I will be in Mazatlan 04/26-05/08 and looking forward to having as much fun as Sunseeker does! LOL We stay in a condo in the Golden Zone but know the city quite well so will get out and about. Congratulations on your husband's retirement....no doubt an occasion well deserved. We have never gone fishing in Mazatlan but Chad made it sound like so much fun that maybe we should consider it. Such great info learned from this forum!

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 193
2. Re: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

Hey guys - honestly this much fun is painful! I am so tired, my shorts are tighter and the laundry isn't done! But aside from all that - LIFE IS SOOOOOOOO GOOD! I'll post separately about today's events which were extensive! And then we're off to the Beach Bash tomorrow. Looking forward to next week when International Week is over and we can go back to a normal routine! But we are so thankful and grateful for the great week that we have enjoyed in Mazatlan and for all the Blue Shirts and other volunteers and organizers that have put on so many great events for us. It's been amazing. And we're even thankful for the great music going on at the Events Centre tonight next to us - despite the fact that we're ready for bed. LOL!

Shoreline...
reviews: 21
3. Re: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

There's a lavandaria right across the street from the Costa de Oro - it's in the same little complex as mazbook's shop. They'll let you do your laundry, or they'll do it (for more $$). You could get it started and run over to Gus y Gus for a quick drink :)

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 193
4. Re: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

bjones - you're too funny! I am even more pathetic than expected because I have laundry right in my condo and drinks there too - and I still can't get it done!!!! Correction - first load is in and first White Chocolate Martini is made and being enjoyed as we speak!

Shoreline...
reviews: 21
5. Re: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

I guess it just takes a little incentive, chocolate style :)

Personally, I like the 'let them do it while I have a margarita or two' option ... and then I can blame THEM for shrinking my pants!

lol!

Edited: 4:36 am, March 23, 2014
Morris, Illinois
reviews: 15
6. Re: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

We will be back May 15th to the 26th. We usually go once a year in November for three weeks but we got an awesome deal for May! So two trips this year. November is already booked too. Staying at our favorite place-El Moro. So as Birdman says, "Life is good!". Never been in May so this should be interesting. Only 53 days to we arrive and we can't wait.

San Diego...
7. Re: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

I'll be down for my second trip this year May 15th to May 25th. Not certain yet where I'll be staying but I think I'll try Suites Lindamar this time for at least 4 nights. Then I'll move to La Siesta for the remaining nights. I just like being near Centro and walking to so many great places. The vibe is different there with so many expats living in the area. Macaws has become my "local watering hole" and I love Puerto Viejo as well.

May is a great month weather-wise. It's nice and warm with some humidity but still comfy. After that, about the second week in June, it gets too hot and humid for me until November. I'll be back for my third trip this year over Thanksgiving (U.S.).

Kimo

Fresno CA
reviews: 8
8. Re: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?

we will arrive May 26 through June 2 at Royal Villas, about our 20th year visiting (I also come in November with my parents). Just 2 more sleeps! Anybody recognize the man in our picture? It is Casey who started in Mazatlan as a beach vendor, then had a shop. Unfortunately he died a year or 2 ago.

Edited: 2:48 am, May 25, 2014
Reply to: Is it too early for a MAY ROLL CALL?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted