We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

El Cid Elite - Worth It?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 5
El Cid Elite - Worth It?

I was unaware of the different levels of all inclusive options at El Cid until now, our trip is a month away and we booked 6 months ago. With the basic package can we only eat at the buffets for free? Are there any a la carte resturants we can eat at without paying for our meal? And if not, can we eat at all of those resturants and pay for our meal without having the elite status?

14 replies to this topic
Lake Minnewawa, mn
1. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

You may eat at some of the a la carte restaurants with the basic plan.

Here are the plan details

elcid.com/castilla_beach/…european_pop.html

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 4
2. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

See above....

That is NOT the basic plan. That one is a step above. The basic plan is the travel agent plan and buffet dining is included.

The Elite plan includes absolutely everything ( even Drambuie )

Take advice from someone that has used the Elite and watched frustrated people with the basic getting very angry.

Better yet, PHONE the hotel 011 52 669 913 3333 and ask them to send you an email with what you get PRINTED OUT!

Edmonton, Canada
3. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

I don't want to call long distance... I've been emailng with somebody at the hotel but he isn't reading my emails fully and is giving me generic copy and pasted answers that aren't what I'm looking for. We've already paid to upgrade our rooms to ocean view; I know my friends aren't going to want to pay an additional $700 for elite all inclusive. I really regret booking with El Cid.

Carson City, Nevada
4. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

That plan that Bob has described on that link is the plan that I got booking on the Internet and only because it was free. I eat breakfast at La Cascada, drinks by the pool and the oceanside buffet for lunch. I don't eat dinner on-site.

Calgary, Alberta
reviews: 25
5. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

Rarely do you find an AI plan that is suitable or liked by everyone (and I know I'm going to hear from Gillian on this one) and the El Cid is no exception. It's a nice place to stay but the food is nothing to write home about. It's not awful it's just blagh......

Having vacationed in Mazatlan for many years I find that trying different restaurants is the way to go. I've found many that I really like and I found some that are just decent and some I would never try again. The ones I like I visit regularly. When I hear about a new place or someone posts a great review of it I give it a try and form my own opinion.

Carson City, Nevada
6. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

Well said Kman60. My sentiment exactly. The food at El Cid is very ordinary, it never has made me sick though, so that's something.

Edmonton, Canada
reviews: 4
7. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

Ask Sunseeker about the basic El Cid AI plan and ask Mazatlanfan and Houmom about the Elite.

PLEASE do not take this the wrong way but if someone provides you with a phone number where you can get the information you want ( from the horses mouth) why on earth wouldn't you want to call?

If you can stand buffet food, you'll be fine. If not, you'll have to eat somewhere else unless you get the plan that Tony R got. That's an OK one but you still have to eat elsewhere at night. There are lots of good restaurants that are close like Villa Italia across the street and Los Arcos, also across the street to the left. Panchos is good. Casa Loma is good. GusyGus is good. I'm not a food fanatic like some people. If it tastes all right and I don't get poisoned, I'm fine. I'd advise you to make that call and get an email sent to you stating what you get.

Ask to speak to Guillermo

Carson City, Nevada
8. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

That's good advice from Gillian and Guillermo is a very personable fellow. He aims to please.

Minneapolis
reviews: 13
9. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

I have never heard of a basic all inclusive plan lower than the one listed on El Cid's website and their website does not say anything about it either. I just got back from there and had the regular All inclusive plan, not Elite, and it was not just buffet. We could eat at the 3 a la carte restaurants. It was just as described on their website. The buffet food was OK.....good for breakfast and the a la carte restaurants were OK too, with the Italian one better than the others. We booked online . If you really prefer top shelf liquor then it may be worth the extra money but it was not to me.

Salishan OR
reviews: 32
10. Re: El Cid Elite - Worth It?

We were just there and ate at many good restaurants, all within walking distance. We averaged $51 USD per day for food for two, including drinks. We had a kitchen and did make a lot of drinks in our room, but also bought a few every day. Walking distance restaurants, for us, include F.I.S.H., El Paraje, Panchos (both locations), Panama, Fat Fish, Papagayo in the Inn at Mazatlan, any of the Pueblo Bonito restaurants, The Fish Market, Vitores, ... We regularly walked to these, although you can take a bus to shorten the walks. Lots of other options - would never do AI in Mazatlan.

Reply to: El Cid Elite - Worth It?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted