We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reumofan Plus

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
reviews: 8
Reumofan Plus

Does anyone know if you can buy the original Reumofan Plus again? I used to buy it at the market (and online), but when I was there in the spring they only had the new version in the box. Yes, I know about the recall, but would like to buy the original if it's around. Thanks to anyone who knows.

32 replies to this topic
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
1. Re: Reumofan Plus

Here is a thread from the Cabo San Lucas board talking about it...and a response from a poster who bought theirs in Old Town in Feb. 2012....maybe you could personal message them to find out where??

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g152515-i84-k50231…

Edited: 2:54 pm, September 11, 2013
Elkhorn, Wisconsin
2. Re: Reumofan Plus

Thanks for your reply. I had seen the Cabo thread. I was still able to get it in Nov. of 2012 in the Mercado Municipal de Mazatlan, but not in Spring of 2013. I was hoping it was available again as the real deal. I guess I'll find out in a couple months.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
3. Re: Reumofan Plus

I think this is the supplement that it contains steroids, so therefore taken off the market. I have friends on both sides of the scale....."don't care...never felt better" and of course "stop now...its not good for me". I'm guessing it is being fazed out. It also had some allegations that the format was inconsistent.

Mi Wuk Village...
4. Re: Reumofan Plus

Didn't know what it was until I searched. This FDA info sounds scary.

fda.gov/Drugs/…ucm316478.htm

Are you aware?

I've joint aches but according to the FDA this stuff damages more parts than I have left.

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
5. Re: Reumofan Plus

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm in the first school of thought. When I bought the new one in the market, the lady made a point of showing me on the box that it said, "sin cortisona", like that was a good thing HA! IMO, the FDA got involved because the pharmaceutical companies were losing expensive prescription dollars by people buying south of the border. Taking the original pill every other day works for me and I'm disappointed it's gone away.

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
6. Re: Reumofan Plus

@103billw, Yes, I'm aware, as stated in my original post, but also, as I said to sunfunme, it's my opinion that the FDA got involved because the pharmaceutical companies were losing expensive prescription dollars by people buying south of the border. If you look up the side effects to taking Celebrex, an FDA approved drug for arthritis, they are almost the same as Reumofan. The difference being, it's only available in brand name at the "bargain" price of $365 for a two month supply (at Sam's Club, the cheapest price I could find online). Reumofan.......$15/mo. The person who first told me about it, and now can't get it, is facing surgery on his knee now, after having to stop taking it. Except the doc gave him cortisone shots to start with (painful and costly). Wait! Cortisone is the secret ingredient in Reumofan!! So, anyway, I take them every other day and am willing to take the risk if the FDA would've kept their nose out of Mexico's business. I'm still not sure how that even worked. Climbing off soapbox now...............thanks for your input!!

reviews: 1
7. Re: Reumofan Plus

HI Marilyn189, I was able to purchase the Reumofan Plus in the Market in Mazatlan in April 2013... I am looking at the box, and I don't see anywhere that it says "Sin Cortisona"... if you can tell me where it was printed on the box, I will look closer...

Let me know!

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
8. Re: Reumofan Plus

Hi h8coldluv2travel (me too!). The box is 24 caplets, so not the original round lavender pills. It says Reumo Fan with osteo shoved in diagonally between the two words. The sin cortisona is in a red box on the front of the packaging. Were you able to get the original bottle with the lavender pills? Maybe there's hope; YAY!! Thanks!

reviews: 1
9. Re: Reumofan Plus

MIne say "Reumofan Plus... 30 tabs - I couldn't get the big bottle so had to buy several of the 30tab but they gave me the same deal as the 60tab...they are still sealed as I purchased them for a neighbor that can't use them anymore...

I just opened one and they are lavender pills... does this make you happy???

Elkhorn, Wisconsin
10. Re: Reumofan Plus

Yes! So you got them in a corner shop inside the market? Wonderful! And if you want to sell them to me, I'll take them.

Reply to: Reumofan Plus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted