We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bottineau, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

My husband and I are spending 5 weeks at Quinta del Mar condo in January 2014, does anyone know where the nearest grocery store would be and best way to get there? Also, has anyone stayed there in January and could tell me if it's quiet that time of year?

Ontario
Level Contributor
2,810 posts
3 reviews
11. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Yes, they are usually lining up to take their turn!

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
144 posts
7 reviews
12. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Hey we stay a little south of Quintas at the Paraiso complex and we always use Mega or Soriana for grocery shopping; it is a weekly outing for us and we do exactly as stated here; take the bus in, if we can manage the bags we also take the bus on the return trip. The bus is available every 10-15 minutes or so right out the complex...look for a Cerritos bus or Toreo bus(for Soriana), most often you will see Mega painted onto the windshield, confirming that you are on the correct bus. If your grocery order is too large for the bus, a taxi or pulmonia is always waiting out the door of the grocery store; we negotiate the price prior to leaving and off we go.

Sorry we can't speak to the 'activity' at Quintas but we walk by there most of every day and we always see residents on the beach enjoying the sunshine. Anxious to hear about your experience!

Bottineau, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
13. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Thanks so much everyone for the great tips, I am feeling a little less stressed about vacationing there for the first time. But since we are on a roll.....lol where would we find the nearest bank atm and where is the best place to purchase a pay as you go cell phone? Oh and any tips on good quality silver jewelry would be greatly appreciated!

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
31 reviews
14. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

I don't kno of any silver place near your condo, but catch a bus outside your condo heading south. Get off at the old Balboa Club, and walk across the street. There are two shops "Hre is Paco" and Paco's Bling Bling. He has a large selection of silver jewelry and is very reasonably priced. He also has silver plated, but always charges the appropriate price for silver and silver plate--if you know what I mean. He is also one of the few places that sells gold jewelry.

Minden, Nevada
3 posts
1 review
15. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

We usually take the bus in & a taxi back with the groceries, (bring your Costco Bag!) because we buy extra ice. There are always at least 2-3 taxis available out the front door willing to bid within a dollar or two for your business; expect to pay more for a car with AC as opposed to the open air ones; my experience is that the car drivers' driving makes me less nervous than the other ones, for a couple dollars dif; but we've used both; We are at the Playa Escondida (across the marina from El Sid) & pay about $7-10-US with a tip :-)

Bottineau, North...
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
16. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Thanks for your input, every tip helps:)

Milwaukie, Oregon
1 post
17. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

O yes..the taxis are waiting in a line everyday at all three of the major stores. I take the bus there and the taxi home.

18. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 21, 2014