We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bottineau, North...
reviews: 2
Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

My husband and I are spending 5 weeks at Quinta del Mar condo in January 2014, does anyone know where the nearest grocery store would be and best way to get there? Also, has anyone stayed there in January and could tell me if it's quiet that time of year?

California
1. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Quintas Del Mar is in a very quiet section of Mazatlan regardless of the time of year. That's especially true if your condo is on one of the higher floors.

As far as groceries are concerned Quintas isn't very near any stores. The closest place would probably be the smaller, but well stocked market grocery store that's between the two bridges in the harbor loop and right across the street from the center with the Rico's Coffee and Pemex.

I think the name of the store is Sante Fe, and have a great trip.

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 1
2. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Quitas is not always quiet, they are quite busy now! I was out there last week to take photographs and was shocked at the numbers. That being said, yea, you should find it rather quiet. In regards to the grocery store, Santa Fe shut down 2 or 3 months ago. You will have to go to Soriana or Mega-- the buses will have it on the windshield. There are vendors (fruit, etc) that show up on different days as well- there is usually a schedule on the bulletin board by the elevators.

Ontario
reviews: 3
3. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Santa Fe shut down? How come that after all the development up there over the last few years, no-one seems to be able to make a go of a grocery store? Just another of Mazatlan's puzzles....

Mazatlan, Mexico
4. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

I always thought that their selection (and prices) were not much better than the frutería and tiendas that I frequent in my 'hood. If I was going to hop a bus to a ''big store'', the extra 5 minutes to Soriana or Mega were definately worth it.

Mazatlan, Mexico
5. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Also, the newsest talk about the Marina area is a big grocery store, an additional Sam's and the new Venados stadium. We'll see, but there is ongoing clearing and construction in the large open area by the Galeria Mall.

Ontario
6. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

".....the Marina area is a big grocery store, an additional Sam's and the new Venados stadium."

lol...well now you've introduced three new "puzzles" to the Mazatlan scene!

Bottineau, North...
7. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Oh no, now I'm really confused....lol JK! Being there for 5 weeks we would probably go to Sam's Club to shop for meat in bulk but I can't imagine carrying all that on a bus, any other ideas or tips would be greatly appreciated! Thank you all!

Ontario
8. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

We spend two or three months in Mazatlan each winter. We have never found Sam's club to be worth the visit, but shop at Mega and Soriana's regularly. Ride the buses every time, it's all good and cheap!

Mega is great for the bakery, Soriana's for the meat, but that can all change year to year. And if all else fails, there is always a friendly Pulmomia driver to lighten your load.

Edited: 11:56 pm, July 30, 2013
Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 30
9. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Many people ride the bust to Mega, Walmart, etc., then take a taxi or Pulmonia back home. For a small tip you might even get the driver to help carry your groceries in.

Bottineau, North...
10. Re: Quintas Del Mar Condo's, Mazatlan, Mexico

Thanks for the tip but are taxis readily available outside the stores? Thanks again.