We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

In cooperation with: Visit Mexico
Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 14
Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

Increased capacity to Mazatlan from cold country..... Great news! http://bit.ly/16iqZIl

Pittsburgh...
reviews: 107
1. Re: Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

I hope the price is reasonable. I like flying f Delta, but lately their fares have been outrageous lately compared to some of the other airlines.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
reviews: 6
2. Re: Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

The Delta flights from Minneapolis (MSP) to Mazatlan have good times, and the prices vary depending on the dates. Sun Country is also doing nonstops this winter to Mazatlan with good flight times. Their prices are a little less, but keep in mind that they charge for the first checked bag ($20 on line, $25 at the airport), but Delta gives you the first bag free on their international flights.

The huge difference I see in the companies is being able to see what seats are left before you book a flight. Being a flexible flyer, I like to see which date has the best avaiability, and if my favorite free aisle seat is still available.

Delta's seat chart pulls right up on any date you are interested in...before you even think about making a booking. You can see what seats are there, and you can pay (prices are shown) if you want to fly in the front or in a bulkhead seat...but there are also descent FREE seats to chose from.

NOW with Sun Country, you have to enter all of your legal information on the booking form before you can see what seats are left...and what the fees will be....LITTLE LATE!! For a family wanting to sit together, this can be a big problem. And you pay for ANY selected seat (even the middle one!)...free seats are only at the airport at check in, whatever seat is left over!

In January Sun Country's nonstop flights are $524 and Delta's nonstop flights are $564...but adding the luggage fee and the seat selection fee...the prices are just about the same.

Edited: 11:27 am, July 29, 2013
Appleton, Wisconsin
reviews: 1
3. Re: Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

I just booked yesterday for January MSP to MZT for $470 on Delta (via Milwaukee). Was pleased with price! With Delta first checked luggage is free and already chose seats for the 3 of us!

Pittsburgh...
4. Re: Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

What time does the flight leave? Wondering if we could connect in Milwaukee departing from Pittsburgh.

Appleton, Wisconsin
5. Re: Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

Flight leaves at 7AM from MKE. 45 minute layover in MSP then off to MZT!

Appleton, Wisconsin
6. Re: Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

Flight leaves at 7AM from MKE. 45 minute layover in MSP then off to MZT!

Pittsburgh...
7. Re: Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

May be an early flight from PIT to MSP that would enable us to get that flight.

8. Re: Delta Airlines to resume Minnesota-to-Mazatlan direct flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:24 am, August 01, 2014