We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

Which Mazatlan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saskatoon, Canada
Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

I'm going to the Riu Emerald on Friday May 10 - 17th. I have read a few reviews that there are A LOT of children at this place. I'm expecting it on the weekend, but is it going to be over run during the week? I'm getting worried now.

Mazatlan
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 29
1. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

I don't think so as schools are still in session in Mexico. Come and enjoy.

Saskatoon, Canada
2. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

Thanks! I've never been there before so I am really looking forward to it!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
reviews: 63
3. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

Welcome to the forum. We have been two times to the Riu. Ebay... You can click on my name, contributions and see reviews.

We went first time in JUNE..and Mexico schools were not out yet. Weekends WERE busy.with the bus loads, but we had No problems with kids... or Elevators etc. (maybe alot of Drunks..lol)

For your dates... WOW.... your are going to Run into MOTHERS Day... weekend... and I Believe Mexico Celebrates Mothers day on May 14..Tues.... NOT on Sunday May 10...(one of the Most celebrated Holidays in Mexico..)

. Sooooo it will be an Extra Long weekend... running into Wed... at least..

Just Be prepared.. READ reviews..Use you Safe..Tip a little and have a Great Holiday.

Joy

Carbondale...
reviews: 9
4. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

I had the same question but didn't want to ask....lol....thank you!!

Mazatlan, Mexico
reviews: 7
5. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

I believe there is an adult only pool area at the RIU. Maybe somebody can clarify that. The beach area is huge.....you can always find solace there if need be. ha ha...... come and enjoy and have fun!!

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
6. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

Yes there is a Adult Only pool with Swim Up Bar...and the staff TRYS to keep the kids and Babys Out...

Lots and lots of Beach chairs and their is also the Quite Pool on the South,, that doesn't get lots of kids.,they mostly go to the Hugh Main pool or the Kids Pool.

Resort is Hugh.

Have a Great Stay.

Mazatlán
Destination Expert
for Mazatlan
reviews: 13
7. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

Mother's Day is always celebrated on May 10th, no matter what day of the week it falls, and that doesn't change. Many people take that day off work. Restaurants are very busy on May 10th. Enjoy Mazatlan!

Edited: 12:38 pm, May 09, 2013
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
8. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

Knew that Mazzi. in Mexico May 10th... Canada always has Mothers day on the Sunday,so this Year May 12 here.

9. Re: Is there going to be a ton of kids there?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 11, 2014